The Klipsch Audio Community
Youthman

Youthman's LaScala Trio Home Theater Build (Version 2.0) Begins!

It's funny looking back on my original build thread that is in my signature. 

When I first began, I knew ZERO about Home Theaters and how to even begin the process of designing one. 

It was an incredible journey watching the transformation from a blank "Media Room".....

construction-ht-1.jpg

construction-ht-2.jpg

into a Dedicated Home Theater....

Klipsch-LaScala-Screenshot.jpg

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-3.JPG

Home-Theater-Rear-Wall.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 4

And I can't wait to be able to go from this 19" screen....

klipsch.jpg

to this 150" screen....

Final-HT-8.jpg

• Like 6

One thing to try when you build your platform for the La Scala's is to center the mid-range horn at ear level to determine height.  However, the drawback to this is if you ever add K-402 horns on top of them, the height will be off.

• Like 2

One thing to try when you build your platform for the La Scala's is to center the mid-range horn at ear level to determine height.

I doubt it will be exact but I think it will be close enough.  If not, I'll angle them downwards a tad.

the drawback to this is if you ever add K-402 horns on top of them, the height will be off.

Yeah, especially if I add a bass bin below it.  :P

113df007_DSCN6438.jpeg

• Like 5

One thing to try when you build your platform for the La Scala's is to center the mid-range horn at ear level to determine height.

I doubt it will be exact but I think it will be close enough.  If not, I'll angle them downwards a tad.

the drawback to this is if you ever add K-402 horns on top of them, the height will be off.

Yeah, especially if I add a bass bin below it.  :P

113df007_DSCN6438.jpeg

If you go that far... Why not just get rid of the La Scalas and run the bass bins and the 402s as 2-ways?

• Like 2

I doubt youth will ever go that far. Especially in his narrow room. I would love to go to something like that but a 12 foot wide room wouldn't even accompany three lcr bass bins like that.

I'll have to make sure I have a 30 foot wide room at the next house then I'm going nuts.

• Like 3

Steven is correct. The reality is there will always be bigger / better but honestly, I'm extremely content with my current setup. The LaScalas sound fantastic and only lack bass (which I have covered wit my Dual RSW-15).

Upgrading to the LaScalas was not intentional. I bought them out of curiosity only because I got a ridiculous Youthman deal on them and knew I could get what I had in the the same day. Needless to say, I liked them...I liked them a lot.

If I would have been 1st in line (instead of 2nd) for those $250 Khorns that were local, the LaScalas might not still be in my system.  :P

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 4

I doubt youth will ever go that far. Especially in his narrow room. I would love to go to something like that but a 12 foot wide room wouldn't even accompany three lcr bass bins like that.

I'll have to make sure I have a 30 foot wide room at the next house then I'm going nuts.

I know I am pushing it with 3 1/4 pies and a 15' wide screen... Literally wall to wall bass bins!

• Like 1

$250 Khorns? Wow.

Yeah, it was in the Alert section awhile back (can't locate it).  Scrappy texted me about it and I immediately contacted the seller.  They sent me photos and when I asked when they would be available for me to come look at them, she said a guy would be there in 30 minutes.  I was 2nd in line behind him.  She inherited them from her Uncle and didn't need them.  They looked like they were in great condition too.

I know I am pushing it with 3 1/4 pies and a 15' wide screen...

My room is only 13' wide.

• Like 1

I don't work that way. If he beat me to it, it wasn't meant to be.

• Like 3

if you would have offered her 500 each for them you would have been First in line

well now we know what kind of guy Budman is. Line cutter
  • Like 1

LOL there's nothing on ethical about doing that I just choose not to myself

• Like 1

Looks Awesome Youth!  Keep the pics coming - they provide lots of ideas!  (as well as oohs and aahs from way up north!)

Thx Dave and Budman.  I post pics as Wake sends them to me.  Wake is very resourceful.  I believe he said the metal frame that he welded was from parts he had laying around at the house (think it came from a trailer of some sort).  He definitely knows how to think outside of the box and to stretch a dollar.  He is wanting to get into HT Design and Construction so it looks like I'll be developing his website as soon as he is ready.  It's one way I can say "thank you" for all of the hours he will be putting into the build.

• Like 3

I'm excited to say that the Panasonic AE8000u was ordered today! 

I will be listing my AE3000u for sale within the next few weeks. 

27643.jpg

• Like 2

I'm excited to say that the Panasonic AE8000u was ordered today!

I will be listing my AE3000u for sale within the next few weeks.

27643.jpg

Did you score a good deal.
  • Like 1