SVS SB-2000

Sidevalve

Thinking about replacing my dual 12' velodynes with dual svs sb- 2000s, velodynes are ported, svs are not. Main speakers are klf 30s.

Worth it or not ?

Thanks, John

Well, which Velodynes do you have?

Is primary use for music or HT?

Bill

• Like 1

A single PB-2000 will have about the same output as dual SB-2000's.. If you are mainly using the system for HT, I would go with dual PB-2000's over dual SB-2000's any day of the week, unless you are size restricted.

Outlaw also is selling their LFM-1 EX for $599 shipped right now. Not trying complicate things, just another very solid option.

Edited by K5SS

Velodynes are 12" DLS series, mainly listen to music but do enjoy gaming too. Guess the PB would better choice for two hundred dollars more.

My room is 20' x 13' rears are kg5.2 sides are S6 s klf c7 for the center

Edited by Sidevalve

What sub to get depends on wether you are looking for a little to moderate leap or a huge leap for HT. Do you prefer the slam or are you looking for room shaking bass with lower extension? Sometimes to really make a jump in performace you need a big leap. The mains are KLF 30's, I would not pair them with anything smaller than a pair of good 15 in subs. The KLF 30 has two 12 in. woofers and 102 db sensitivity. They are big powerful speakers.

Edited by derrickdj1

I know most guys here want everyone to go with 15" + woofers but we all don't have that luxury. Besides, many 12" subs are now capable of very good output below 20hz. If I was you, I would order one SB-2000 and one PB-2000 and return the one you you like the least and order another one of the one you likes the best. sVS has a great trial/return policy.

I am sure you will be very happy with either model vs those older Velodynes.

Rythmik or SVS have some nice subs. Rythmik FV 15 or the 13 in, subs from SVS. Sealed subs give-up around 10 db. compared to their vented counter part subs. The PB 2000 would work better than the SB 2000 with your speakers. What is your room size before we go to far with sub recommendations?

Reaction Audio is also in the middle of moving and they are offering some pretty good deals on their 15" subs. They are a much newer company than HSU, SVS, PSA and Rythmik though, that turns some people off.

Edited by K5SS