Rounding Off Some Remaining Channels

The History Kid

Hey Klipsch community! I'm not really sure why I haven't joined sooner, since I've been using Klipsch products for well over ten years now. (Must have lost that message in the mail.)

Anyway...here's my dilemma and I'm fully ready to shell this off to someone with a bit more knowledge on the Klipsch line than I:

Not too long ago I purchased a Yamaha RX-V2500. I have a thing about the newer amplifiers, and was super excited about finding something a bit older that would still have some of the driving Yamaha sound I'm used to (I don't find their newer lines to be very appealing - even when setup with decent speakers...but that's just me). I had a pair of RF-3 II's left over from my old system as well as a whole 5.1 setup of Jamo speakers, which I eventually phased out into another room and created a whole 'nother system with. I replaced my two surrounds with a pair of RS-42 II's and the center with an RC-52 II. I also shelved off the subwoofer for a Polk PRO660. I honestly would have preferred keeping with the RC-3 II and RS-3 II's by finding them on eBay or something, but a local shop in town was going out of business and was selling these guys off at wicked cheap prices.

At any rate, the RF-3 II's are wired into both A & B terminals on the amp, but if anyone knows the 2500 they know it's a 7 channel unit with heights. I have four speaker posts still available to me, and I'm just itching to fill those up. Here's what I'm ultimately wondering though: would it benefit me to continue searching for RS/C-3 II's to fill in the gaps, or would any Klipsch Reference line that meets wattage specs work?

I'd honestly love to put an RC-3 in place of the 52, add two RS-3's and use two RC-52's as heights. Would this make any sense though is my next question? Music is where I excel and I don't think this configuration would be too bad there, but what about movies?

Input is appreciated, and if anyone can help me snuff out some of these speakers that'd be awesome too!

Thanks!

Welcome to the fourm. In most situations matching speakers are best. Reference speakers are close enough in tone that they can be mixed. But, how well it works in a particular HT varies widely and some people just prefer matching speakers. How big is your room, do you listen to things loud, source of music (vinyl, digital, ect.).

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Thought so. (Thanks for the welcome! :) )

Honestly, I know I'm overpowered for the room I have my setup in at this time, but I plan on moving relatively soon and with that move I intend to of course have more space. Actually, the room is a bit embarrassingly small. I do tend to enjoy higher levels of music, but I'm more interested in the depth and clarity than anything with an equal balance in sound. Most of the time audio is being fed in through the TV via Digital Optical, that includes music and movies. Rarely is a line source used.