Reference Soundbar w/Wireless Sub

billybob

Sadly I agree, it's almost like what Chevrolet did to their "SS" vehicles in the 90's. Almost ruined the long standing heritage.

What's with no HDMI? It's like 2003 all over again...

Edited by K5SS

Maybe they will have unit hooked up soon on demo. No SPL figure could see so guessing the combined is around 100db, seeing as the Promedia 2.1 is 106dbl at 300 watt. Had a Yamaha soundbar I heard a little recently with a TV with no sub. Klipsch had ought to sound better. An introduction to Klipsch is better to not competing. Mileage may vary on this...

An introduction to Klipsch is better to not competing.

No issue with putting it out there. Not keen on the name however.

To me, reference means more than slapping copper woofers on a driver. The reference series was once meant to be the premier in home theatre by klipsch. The thx and palladium series has pushed the envelope on what it meant to be premier, that is fine. Now I would say reference means an introduction into serious home theatre, and the icon and quintets were meant to be the introduction to klipsch. These new reference series speakers seem to be an introduction to an introduction into serious home theatre without taking things too seriously.....?! The product line needs to be distinct from the other lines, don't blur the lines and create confusion with your established market base. I will agree though, more than 50% of people I have talked to have never heard the name klipsch, even fewer have actually bought klipsch speakers, and I would say less than .5% have attempted to go into klipsch upper eschelon of sound. This tells me that klipsch puts less money into advertising and more into R&D.... But this new shakeup isnt looking very fruitful at all... Just sour grapes... Hopefully the best showcase is left for later, the track record so far seems to be about 25% enthusiastic.

An introduction to Klipsch is better to not competing.

No issue with putting it out there. Not keen on the name however.

To me, reference means more than slapping copper woofers on a driver. The reference series was once meant to be the premier in home theatre by klipsch. The thx and palladium series has pushed the envelope on what it meant to be premier, that is fine. Now I would say reference means an introduction into serious home theatre, and the icon and quintets were meant to be the introduction to klipsch. These new reference series speakers seem to be an introduction to an introduction into serious home theatre without taking things too seriously.....?! The product line needs to be distinct from the other lines, don't blur the lines and create confusion with your established market base. I will agree though, more than 50% of people I have talked to have never heard the name klipsch, even fewer have actually bought klipsch speakers, and I would say less than .5% have attempted to go into klipsch upper eschelon of sound. This tells me that klipsch puts less money into advertising and more into R&D.... But this new shakeup isnt looking very fruitful at all... Just sour grapes... Hopefully the best showcase is left for later, the track record so far seems to be about 25% enthusiastic.

The enthusiasm from this board for the new tier of Reference speakers isn't high, but that's fine because these products aren't really targeted towards y'all. We knew there would be some confusion initially with naming but we had to take our lumps at some point. Naming and products will be differentiated very clearly in due time. Like I have said 50 times before on these forums, 2014 and 2015 will be awesome for fans of Reference speakers and EVERYONE will be happy.

Also another new soundbar coming soon...

Lol, keep them coming! Yes, I have yet to hear a Klipsch I did not like. Not a BB shopper but Klipsch brand is out in the marketplace, where it can differentiate itself from the other offerings. Paying the light bill is sortof important.

Who knows where it might lead? RF fronts added later or upgrade entirely.

This in an e-mail too,subs:

http://www.klipsch.com/reference-subwoofers?utm_source=Shopatron+Email+Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Reference+Subwoofers&utm_content=NEW+Klipsch+Reference+Subwoofers&utm_campaign=Reference+Subwoofers+July+31%2C+2014

These look competitive priced, and probably sound good. Maybe some folk can afford a Klipsch system now.

They can always upgrade if not. Getting some independent reviews may help with alot of the new.

Edited by billybob

Its like someone gives you a one of a kind whatever. And then you walk in a store and see them by the 100s for .99. A lot of people bought the reference name as somthing more than just gold drivers. Its a buzz kill is all :)

Well, they're not "gold".....COPPER. Haha. :)

This tells us that the name reference was nothing more than a name and had no standard to meet by klipsch.

Oh brother. The new Reference actually has a lot of the same tech as Reference II. Same with the soundbars.

Times are changing. People want soundbars and we are the company that can actually make them sound good. 5.1 market is shrinking more rapidly than anyone can imagine. We simply have to adopt our tech into a new form factor. Tractix horns in both.

Without lines like the new Reference, there would be no Reference II. No Heritage. Period.