Reference Soundbar w/Wireless Sub

billybob

Also another new soundbar coming soon...

When!? I am ready to buy one two weeks ago; promises, promises of a new one, but when? It's either the SB 3 or this mysterious 'new one'...

Rick

R-10B is already out. R-20B later in August.

This tells us that the name reference was nothing more than a name and had no standard to meet by klipsch.

Oh brother. The new Reference actually has a lot of the same tech as Reference II. Same with the soundbars.

Times are changing. People want soundbars and we are the company that can actually make them sound good. 5.1 market is shrinking more rapidly than anyone can imagine. We simply have to adopt our tech into a new form factor. Tractix horns in both.

Without lines like the new Reference, there would be no Reference II. No Heritage. Period.

Sad but True.

Even though we love our big old speakers we aren't the ones that will keep the company afloat. If it wasn't for the new stuff and soundbars . There wouldn't be the new KPT-1802 and our beloved K402's would no longer be available. The Heritage Line would disappear as would Klipsch as a whole.

I don't care what they call any of their speakers as long as it keeps the company alive and moving forward. I don't care what you call my speakers ! When I listen I know what I have and that satisfy's me. Most of my friends can't tell you what model's I have but they do know they are Klipsch !

I think we should be more concerned about the product and or value improving than the names they use!

• 3 weeks later...

My impression on this new Reference sound bar…. It clearly was not created for us (snobby forum members lol) as others have stated the majority of us are in a different echelon of home theater and 2 channel music listening. Now I’m not saying it wouldn’t be a nice addition for many of us for say a nice flat screen tv in a bedroom or kids room with not having to run wires. It would produce some nice sound that far surpasses any of the tv speakers out there (with the exception of the old kuro TVs). I recently visited a local magnolia center with a friend that wanted to install a sound bar and we had a listen to this and also a Sonos bar. Now he ended up with the sonos as it provided even better clarity and separation and had very nice options of wireless blue tooth speaker additions but it was also at twice the price point. The new reference sound bar definitely is the best sounding of all the klipsch sound bars I have heard and it looks fantastic with the gold emblem and drivers. I just don’t see that it needed to be named reference as I’m sure it would have sold the same amount in numbers had they called it something else. Reference is term on here that has become a part of our daily vocabulary and not something to be thrown around lightly. Klipsch’s name should have been enough for enthusiast or beginning enthusiast to seek out more info and be introduced to the one and true reference line we have all come to appreciate. Again this is probably only bothering those who have dropped some serious coin on the actual reference line

Agreed, I'm sure they will sell just as many, even if they dropped the Reference title. With that being said, I'm really interested in this new sound bar offering. The wife has been gracious enough to allow my speakers in our crowded living for a long time. Now that I have my speakers out in my man cave, it was time to let my wife have the living room back. But as we all know flat panel tvs sound is pretty terrible, so the sound bar is the perfect option for that room.

• Like 1

So I finished my morning errands and stopped by BB to give the Ref sound bar a listen to. Wow! That little system can put out some sound! I just connected my phone via bluetooth and I let the music flow. I even had one of the dudes from the Magnolia depo come over and say how good the sb sounded. Once I get the scratch, I'll be picking this system up for sure!

• Like 1

Also another new soundbar coming soon...

When!? I am ready to buy one two weeks ago; promises, promises of a new one, but when? It's either the SB 3 or this mysterious 'new one'...

Rick

R-10B is already out. R-20B later in August.

And then there is this. May be worth looking at.

Yeah I'm waiting to hear about this too. But to be honest if it's even just couple hundred more I don't think the performance will justify the price. Unless they add some sort of hdmi arc, or a couple more bells and whistles, because from what I heard from the r-10b it would be perfect for my living room.

• Like 1

I just bought the R-10B to go with a plasma I have hanging over my fireplace.  For what it is I'm really quite impressed with it...the little 8" subwoofer kicks out some serious bass!  However, I just now saw that the R-20B is coming soon, so I'll be returning the R-10B and stepping up to the R-20B.  Hopefully the R-20B will be on the street by the end of August as Alex mentioned earlier!

• Like 1

I just bought the R-10B to go with a plasma I have hanging over my fireplace.  For what it is I'm really quite impressed with it...the little 8" subwoofer kicks out some serious bass!  However, I just now saw that the R-20B is coming soon, so I'll be returning the R-10B and stepping up to the R-20B.  Hopefully the R-20B will be on the street by the end of August as Alex mentioned earlier!

It will be interesting to see how much of a step up the 20 will be from the 10.

• Like 1