FOR SALE - Pair '76 Khorns & One '57 Shorthorn in NC

1WildBee

These speakers came with my house and were clearly treasured by the original owner. Sadly, they are wasted on me and are now seeking a good home. I have read thru the forums so have some (very) limited knowledge about what they are.

The Klipschorn pair have consecutive serial nos. 8P125 & 126 and are the model KB-BR which I think means Birch. They might have been the unfinished models and the owner added the finish (note that in the attached pics it looks like they don't match but they do). They are in very good condition. However, we were not as good caretakers as the owner and they do have some small fraying of the speaker material on the very back edge.

The 1957 Shorthorn is model SPI-15 and serial 803. This is also in very good condition. There are some very small pulls in the material on the front and a minor scratch on the top.

Additionally there is a 4th speaker that I know pretty much nothing about.

All the speakers were checked recently by an audio tech and found to be in good working order. I have attached some pictures.

They are available for inspection & pickup from Wilmington, NC. I will consider all reasonable offers. Please let me know if you have questions or need add'l pix.

Thank you for looking :-)

post-58719-0-04120000-1406670128_thumb.j

post-58719-0-42440000-1406670142_thumb.j

post-58719-0-83040000-1406670171_thumb.j

post-58719-0-51320000-1406670184_thumb.j

post-58719-0-85280000-1406670196_thumb.j

post-58719-0-39400000-1406670239_thumb.j

post-58719-0-31360000-1406670260_thumb.j

post-58719-0-15680000-1406670280_thumb.j

post-58719-0-34760000-1406670931_thumb.j

Must-resist-making-offer...

I've already been yelled at once today for having "too many speakers." This is not a good day for giving my wife just-cause to start the divorce proceedings, even though I fully admit, those speakers look good, and I DID think about it.

+++

"Got the speakers with the house????"

Geez!!! :rolleyes:

I've already been yelled at once today for having "too many speakers." This is not a good day for giving my wife just-cause to start the divorce proceedings, even though I fully admit, those speakers look good, and I DID think about it.

+++

Dave,

Store them in Nate's garage as he won't notice and slip them in to your house after your next vacation. Your response is "Geez, honey...we haven't been gone THAT long. Can't believe you don't remember them."

• Like 3

+++

Dave,

Store them in Nate's garage as he won't notice and slip them in to your house after your next vacation. Your response is "Geez, honey...we haven't been gone THAT long. Can't believe you don't remember them."

Spppppptsssss...YOU OWE ME A MONITOR! :lol:

Oh man, you know what makes that funny? You are probably right. (and by "probably" I mean 99%) I could put them in Nate's garage, and in a few weeks after a visit, claim that Nate "gave" them to me...hmmm. You are a BAD influence!

+++

Minor thread drift: I have been giving careful consideration as to how to perfectly ship your grills, as they are irreplaceable in my view. I did not have the HDTV box I thought I did, but I found another box I might use. I am trying to make the grills "free floating" so the exterior of the box can take some crushing, but not put any pressure on the contents inside. I'll get those to you soon.

Edited by wvu80

not sure how to PM can you instruct me how to do so or should I just put my cell number in the reply..?

Click on his forum name above his Avatar and then on the upper right side of the new window it says "send a message". Good luck boys.

Just an update...the poster below is only interested in the Shorthorn and at this point I am hoping to sell all of them to one buyer. I think $3000 is a fair price for all 4 speakers (3 Klipsch & the mystery speaker) but I am open to hearing your best offer.

Thanks for looking B)

• 1 month later...