Y'all Keep Talking: Lab Scratches 'Southern Accent Reduction' Course

Sancho Panza

They had to pull the course because it offended southerners.  Why is this a problem?  Lynyrd Skynyrd got offended by Neil Young's "Southern Man"

Uh, i guess I should say "just say'in.." :P

Wish I had thought of that as Sancho has beaten me over the head with that phrase for a while now.

• Like 1

I grew up in North Carolina. When I go home in the summer to visit my folks it is amazing to hear the new southern accent. Yankee. The place is over run with New York and New Jersey accents and bad attitudes. That is one "southern accent" I would love to hear reduced.

• Like 1

I grew up in North Carolina. When I go home in the summer to visit my folks it is amazing to hear the new southern accent. Yankee. The place is over run with New York and New Jersey accents and bad attitudes. That is one "southern accent" I would love to hear reduced.

Oh, ya? Your motha!

The only accents I notice at least among white folks are the extreme rural south like Alabama, cajuns in Louisiana, northerners who cant say their R's around New Joisy / New Yowk, and thats really about it. Everybody else sounds about the same to me, except maybe Michigan. Those guys often sound angry for some reason.

so how do you southerns think a southern california accent sounds? not talking that fake surfer dude lingo -- just regular folk talk.

Yankee. After I lived in Central Kali 2 years I was told I sounded like a Yankee.

they grow good food in the central portion of this state.