Queries about lower end models

Thejtl

• Moderators

Yeah, I wouldn't expect much from a yamaha speaker. That's not what they are best at. Don't be afraid to build your system over time.

As I mentioned before, when I compared my Klipsch side by side to my B&W DM 604 S3, there was no doubt the RF-7's were the clear winner.

eaa0b980_Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-Living-Room

The B&W's were sold and replaced by the RF-7's which were later sold and replaced by a pair RF-7ii's from the purchase of an 11 piece RF-7ii system seen below that I purchased off Craigslist for $2000.

Complete-Klipsch-RF-7-II-System-Sm.jpg

9ed33e63_Klipsch-RF-Showdown-1.jpeg

So as you can see, your system make evolve over time. Best advice I can tell you is try and listen to as many Klipsch setups as you can to find out what tier speaker you want to shoot for. There might not be any dealerships nearby but maybe you can find a local seller on Craigslist. Might be lots of opportunities to hear different Klipsch speakers through that avenue.

• Like 1

It was a joke... My recommendation is to go the route I did. Wait until an rf-7 setup pops up for fairly cheap $1500-$2000 and you will get a set that will sound better and last longer than anything for the price. I just fired up my rf-7 with my pioneer elite sc-65 and they sounded good. My wife asked me to turn the sound down a bit, and the friends experiencing the large klipsch for the first time said it sounded good and didn't hurt their ears... These speakers are near perfection... I am curious what dean g upgrades sound like... May run down to scrappys (assuming he has dean g rf-7s)... Guy changes speakers more often than most men change underwear!

• Moderators
Wait until an rf-7 setup pops up for fairly cheap

Definitely a good option. Typically, you can find a pair of RF-7's for around $800 - $1000 but if you are patient and are continually watching Craigslist, you can find some ridiculous deals. I picked up the RF-7's for my son's bedroom for $400.

Guy changes speakers more often than most men change underwear!

It's cause Scrappy doesn't wear underwear. :lol: JK...I wouldn't know. Just couldn't resist.

Wow, that's a beautiful array of speakers, Youth. Craigslist in my area's pretty barren of any good audio stuff. If you can't buy it around here, no one's selling it used.

Which leads me to another random thought. I've sometimes toyed with the idea of opening a retail store for the stuff you can't get anywhere around here. I'm scared of whether or not you can't get it because no one wanted it or if it's because the people who ran those stores before the big box wars just couldn't adapt to the new market. Seems there should be a way to sell good stuff to people and make a modest living from it.

• Moderators

Yes, I posted about it in the Complete RF-7ii System Purchase (Best Deal of My Life). That amounts to $181.00 per speaker. It was from a divorce sale. Speakers were sitting in her garage and she just wanted them gone. I made three separate trips on three separate days for a total of 9hrs of driving but it was worth it. I sold a pair of RF-7ii, RC-7 and RS-35's to to my friend wakejunkie for $750 and had no use for the RB-81ii so I sold them locally on Craigslist for $650. Probably helps to live in Florida but I've been blessed with many excellent deals like that, but it by far was the best I've come across. It was so good, I bought them without even talking to the wife. :D Figured I could easily explain later.

They have plenty in Des Moines theji. I drove to Omaha from lincoln myself to get my set. But I would totally have driven much farther for the deal I got. You should check out Des Moines... Im sure within a 2 month time frame you will see something that catches your eye.

• Moderators
Wow, that's a beautiful array of speakers, Youth. Craigslist in my area's pretty barren of any good audio stuff.

I see what you mean. I glanced at www.searchtempest.com and there wasn't any Reference speakers within 150 miles of you.

It was a joke... My recommendation is to go the route I did. Wait until an rf-7 setup pops up for fairly cheap $1500-$2000 and you will get a set that will sound better and last longer than anything for the price. I just fired up my rf-7 with my pioneer elite sc-65 and they sounded good. My wife asked me to turn the sound down a bit, and the friends experiencing the large klipsch for the first time said it sounded good and didn't hurt their ears... These speakers are near perfection... I am curious what dean g upgrades sound like... May run down to scrappys (assuming he has dean g rf-7s)... Guy changes speakers more often than most men change underwear!

no rf-7's for this guy. Just my rf-63 theater, Cornwalls, and my little ol cinema setup.

I am late to the party as usual. The BB referece speakers are similar to my Icon speakers. They are decent speakers and sound good. The true Reference speakers are built better and will handle higher volume better. As mentioned, Acoustic Sound Designe or used Reference speakers are the way to go for the money.

Wow, that's a beautiful array of speakers, Youth. Craigslist in my area's pretty barren of any good audio stuff. If you can't buy it around here, no one's selling it used.

It's barren in the Quad Cities too. No one in the state seems to know good audio. Or it might be that they do know good audio that they aren't selling.

If you need to listen to a full Klipsch setup and need someone to reference it off of, I have two setups about 45 miles to your east that you'd be welcome to listen to.

Thanks, Ibiza! That's an awesome offer. I might just take you up on it sometime.

I'm sitting here listening to the RF-26fs and I have to say they do sound really nice. Moderate volume produces a nice, wide sound field. Tempting to go for the better speakers for the Same money but these are a pretty nice speaker.

• Moderators
Thanks, Ibiza! That's an awesome offer. I might just take you up on it sometime.

Might? Jump on it bro. :D Told ya there are some great folks here.

Tempting to go for the better speakers for the Same money but these are a pretty nice speaker.

What would be the negative to do this? If it's the same money for better speakers, get the better speakers. You won't regret it.

I'm sitting here listening to the RF-26fs and I have to say they do sound really nice. Moderate volume produces a nice, wide sound field. Tempting to go for the better speakers for the Same money but these are a pretty nice speaker.

As long as I'm in town buddy! :)

I'd echo that you should probably go for better speakers anyway - especially if they're the same price. You won't ever regret getting something better for the same or less.

Just to give you an idea of deals I have scored on CL, the ones I can remember anyway:

Furman Elite 15 - $150

RW-10 - $150

RF-63's - $800

RC-64 - $50

RF-3's - $200

RC-3 - $80

Panamax M5100-EX - $50

rS-3's - $100

SVS PC-?? - $200

Mitsubishi 82" DLP - $500

Many more that I can't remember...

My point is what Youth mentioned. If you have patience, you can build a system that would destroy anything at a local BB for $1000 and serious patience.

Half the fun for me is finding deals, the other half is enjoying the fruits of your patience.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

I didnt read the whole thread just skimmed...

From the title i must add a few thoughts that range from many individuals in and outside this forum.

Buying new klipsch serves many purposes most of all is warranty. Some people would stay stock and never touch a screwdriver nor surf the net for a system for the use they find in their life in time...

From even the synergy best buy klipsch in my opinion they sound very good compared to other manufacturers who seem to keep the speaker enclosure small and stylish. Many of these brands i will not speak of although some are of very, very high performance home audio.

I have a friend who owns every klipsch synergy model best buy ever put on the floor. They are all lined up in his $100k+ private studio right in front of his desk. They do serve a purpose and the multitudes of musicians he deals with on a weekly basis are all, under some circumstances his parade of musicians are offered a collaboration from all synergy floor models in particular to listen and relax with on a sofa with videos on a couple different "dish" music offerings from time to time. They all actually sound pretty good with the setup he has with them all being utilized at the same time. He also has many other klipsch models although the synergy line is the one setup in his office and serves its purpose well.

The standard models from these chains such as best buy do very good in comparison to other models that even martin logan has their offerings at the same retail situations.

Digressing a bit i have to ad the economy from and over the years and mass production then target consumer all in the spectrum at hand audio has so very many simply saying changes that result in what level of models we can find to buy at a particular store. Its all a choice and depending on so many factors some consumers are not accustomed to many years of audio...we all need to start somewhere. And i must ad the best in near any two individuals in audio are never the same let alone an audiophile with years of experience with just the simple step of attaching cables to speaker then finding how to attach them to a receiver properly which can be a steep hill to climb for some who put puzzles together as a hobby.

Anyhow...however out of place this post may seem in this thread as well as the multitudes of example excluded from what time would only allow at the moment for me to write...the synergy klipsch as well as many other not so reveled klipsch models do have a great place in many lives for so many purposes let alone price then considering size, time and weight of the revered klipsch models.

Altogether yes getting into a pro klipsch model or better is sought after and a latter that many climb and some may just stay idle with a certain model due to what ever reasons life has...the lower KLIPSCH models are good...they stand up to some of the great manufacturers of this day/s current top models with so much ease.

I understand i stated the obvious to some although to near all klipsch veteran forum members we would never understand why on earth go to the big box store. We all know people that buy the easy setup and thats a very good start in an audio enthusiest or common person wanted some noise. Good noise and a good start is with any klipsch. Where one begins the adventure hope for them to find klipsch fast...where it goes from there is one step at a time or just make the jump to what many claim to be the best. Its a choice where to start and stop or just get and be happy with that.

Cheers to all. As many of us remember the journey in audio. The attachment. What drove us. Which aspect of noise was the one that was the fire that kept burning and to some keeps burning. To some there is an end and to me it was and is with klipsch. What a long journey through stores, online, friends etc...And then upkeep...the maintnance of equipment. To be pleased and stop the journey looking. Pure contentment with our audio :)

• Like 1