Queries about lower end models

Thejtl

Late to the party as well.

When you're shopping for speakers, specs are virtually worthless. They give zero indication on how the speaker is going to sound. Get out and listen to as many different speakers as you can. Find out what you like and THEN look for a good deal.

I recommend checking out Bose. Their theatre in a box is unmatched. With that bose name you can never doubt that your getting a quality product. I would lean towards at least the acoustimas 10, but the lifestyles are GREAT if you can flip the coin. Once you go Bose, you wont even consider another product.

Bose Motto - Music to grind your teeth to. Seriously, start out with the best speaker and best amplification you can afford and continue to upgrade both when opportunities present themselves. I started out in 1981 with a lightly used pair of Heresys and later moved up the chain to the extent my wallet would permit. Best of luck and keep us posted. Chuck

• Administrators
As I mentioned before, when I compared my Klipsch side by side to my B&W DM 604 S3, there was no doubt the RF-7's were the clear winner.

eaa0b980_Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-Living-Room

Not to mention the RF-7s just look way better. Those B&Ws are hideous, IMO. I'd say that even if I wasn't a Klipsch employee.

• Like 1

Thanks, Ibiza! That's an awesome offer. I might just take you up on it sometime.

I'm sitting here listening to the RF-26fs and I have to say they do sound really nice. Moderate volume produces a nice, wide sound field. Tempting to go for the better speakers for the Same money but these are a pretty nice speaker.

Thanks for that. Reviews on new speakers just arriving need some writing about. Away from the noisy BB environment. We need to know how they sound.

Edited by billybob

• Administrators

Eh while the color choice of drivers may not look good, the extra large dust caps, amd phase plus are outstanding looking in my opinion.

Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,

What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

A man is born, he's a man of means.

Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.

But they got, Diff'rent Strokes.

It takes, Diff'rent Strokes.

It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Everybody's got a special kind of story

Everybody finds a way to shine,

It don't matter that you got not alot

So what,

They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.

And together we'll be fine....

Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

Yes it does.

It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

• Like 2

I have 8" drivers in my bedroom and like them just fine, they sound better at higher volumes than the 6.5's in the living room. They also handle pure audio a lot better than the ones in the other room. I'd definitely recommend going larger if you can spare the buck.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Join the club. This is the wrong place to hang out. LOL.

Here is what has worked for me. My wife says, "I would like to buy a $300 Coach purse". I personally think that's ridiculous but my response is, "Yeah, that would look great on you." It makes it MUCH easier the next time I want to buy something she deems is "ridiculous". YMMV ;)

Crap, now I see that ASD has a pair of open box RF-82II for the same price as the BB models.

acoustic sound design will beat anyone's prices! I told you this once. For the same money can get the higher model than going with best buy. And you don't have to pay tax either! I do t know what there is to really think about here?
  • Like 1