Beer me, ASAP

Chad

That's yours truly (ca 1969) hoisting a Sroh's long neck to celebrate the day we figured out how to dispense Stroh's & PBR for 20 cents/bottle from the frat house 10 cents/bottle Coke machine by putting an empty between each beer. Now that I reflect on it, probably was illegal.

When I was in college I purchased this coke machine and converted it into a beer box. It still works and I have all the original gear to turn it back into a coke machine again. Not bad for a $50 investment.

DSC_0082.jpg

If you watch American Restoration on History Channel, you'll see that old Coke machines are worth serious money, especially when fully restored. Boxx, you were wise to hang onto the coin mech, etc. All I have left from the machine in the photo is the motor; no restoration happenin' there.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

I had a homebrew American Ale last night - it was super tasty.

Will keep it on my radar!

Uh, don't look too hard or you'll be disappointed. My father in law brewed the batch from a Northern Brewer "American Ale" kit. I'm slowly savoring my 6 pack.

i believe it was this one: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/american-amber-ale-extract-kit.html

• Like 1

Will keep it on my radar!

Uh, don't look too hard or you'll be disappointed. My father in law brewed the batch from a Northern Brewer "American Ale" kit. I'm slowly savoring my 6 pack.

i believe it was this one: http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/american-amber-ale-extract-kit.html

Lol, Alright then. He must like beer pretty good to go to the trouble of taking the time.

Thanks

It is a fun process to watch. Irish roomie had a six gallon glass carboy/jug that he used. Usually the kits called for 5 gallon. He would stretch his abit. And our whole small block in Tallahassee Uptown were homebrewers who came over all the time showing off their flavors like extra hops added, licorice, which was surprisingly good. It is that little extra sucrose you know at bottling that gives it that little extra kick and carbonation.

Yes, I would want to check his batch out too. B) Nice of you!

That's yours truly (ca 1969) hoisting a Sroh's long neck to celebrate the day we figured out how to dispense Stroh's & PBR for 20 cents/bottle from the frat house 10 cents/bottle Coke machine by putting an empty between each beer. Now that I reflect on it, probably was illegal.

When I was in college I purchased this coke machine and converted it into a beer box. It still works and I have all the original gear to turn it back into a coke machine again. Not bad for a $50 investment.

DSC_0082.jpg

If you watch American Restoration on History Channel, you'll see that old Coke machines are worth serious money, especially when fully restored. Boxx, you were wise to hang onto the coin mech, etc. All I have left from the machine in the photo is the motor; no restoration happenin' there.

It was quite a sight when I brought that machine to my apartment. I drove all the way across Austin with it sticking out of my trunk.... Thanks for the tip on it's value....

• Like 1

http://www.6xale.co.uk/theBeer.html

Sensitivity to sulfites (typical beers and wines are the culprits) and resulting headaches make most not worth imbibing, but this ale doesn't upset the apple cart.

Pretty difficult to find in the states, though. Good memories.

• Like 1

When I was a kid the neighbor brewed his own beer all the time in his shop. He would also entertain me with science and hobby projects.

One time he did something wrong. We could not go into the shop. Beer bottles were exploding and you could not predict when one would go off. I don't believe I ever got a chance to sample his brew.

• Like 1

Bell's Two Hearted is a must have in my fridge, for sure.

I can't forget about Dragonmead's Final Absolution either. It makes me thirsty just thinking about it :D

Both sound good to me, but where to get it...

Edit: Partner just said she has seen it at renaissance festivals. Used to read about meade in the old Viking tales.

Edited by billybob