Oris horns versus Sousa Horns - Capital Audio Fest

kwingylee

I helped him with the vented LaScala (center rear) and PPSL designs (left and right).

"I think that this is the worlds best subwoofer design. This is a Double 15" Push-Pull. I'll never build a bass horn again. "

I helped him with the vented LaScala (center rear) and PPSL designs (left and right).

"I think that this is the worlds best subwoofer design. This is a Double 15" Push-Pull. I'll never build a bass horn again. "

djk, can you provide some information on your PPSL design? Capability? Limitations? Performance?

The PPSL boxes are a very interesting concept. I am currently looking into this idea and wondering if I could finally go purely 2 way in my system with something like this LF box.

Anyone have experience with the sound of one of these? I know djk has designed some but have not gotten a PM response from him.

Funny. I knew John Kalinowski and his brother In high school in Wisconsin. He's done extensive horn building. I almost bought a pair of a Oris 150s when Ron W. Was selling them. I still buy small parts from Ron.

You still buy parts from Ron?! Great...if you happen to speak to him tell him Kevin in Chicago wants the $2000 back for them amp he never sent to me.

I had the Oris horns for several years with AER drivers. Really liked them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kev313

I had the Oris horns for several years with AER drivers. Really liked them.

What are you listening to now? What motivated you to get rid of them? Just curious as to everyone's changing tastes.

I've had quite a few speakers since then. Currently listening to Shindo Latour 604 field coils. The Oris were a tad large for my room.

Those look very interesting. I'm still trying to find a single bass section that can truly go from 20-300hz....it's always something with this love of audio.