Why the typical orange color of drivers?

• Administrators

It's copper.

We use it for brand identity (copper & black), and for the fact that we really think they look great.

What brand are these (copper & cherry) ones?

attachicon.gif054.JPG

well, yes, we obviously have alternative finishes on certain products ;-)

But Copper & Black are our main colors. The cherry finish is just a "cherry on top" for some people. :emotion-21:

Its kind of the cherry on top to me the fact that copper has natural antibodies that abstain from the adhering and containment of germs. I normally have to use medicine in public when im around people to avoid panic thus is where the copper came into my life and i became very, very comfortable with the copper on klipsch reference drivers. Just adding another plus to the countless other gains when using klipsch reference woofers :)

Anyone an idea why orange is the color found on the anodized alu cones of lets say , Reference drivers?

With anodization, it should not be a problem to provide more colors like just black or so.

Marketing? Some historic reason for using orange

there is nothing stopping you from changing the color of the cones. Some masking work and a light coat or two of any color you prefer in a spray can will work quickly and easily. Best regards Moray James.

PS: changing the color of the cones will in all likelihood diminish the resale value of the speaker.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Because all the cool kids have copper cones in there speakers, the cool kids with more $ have silver cones, the people who can't seem to get along with others and like plywood boxes have black.

• Like 3