Finally got my new audio rack built

avguytx

I figured since I hadnt been able to find a rack I liked, I'd just build my own. Having been around an uncle growing up who was a master craftsman/carpenter/cabinet maker and was major talented so I learned a lot from him. Not to mention I spent 25 years doing major custom car audio and home a/v installs so that helped too. I'm not near as fast at 47 years old as I was at 27 so it took me a tad longer. But, it turned out nice and is rock solid. It's built out of 1/2" MDF layered with 1/4" oak and the trim is done out of various sizes of red oak and I did my own routered trim pieces.

My wife was a major help with all the sanding and staining (she loves that part thank God) and did an awesome job.

It holds my Carver C-1 preamp that's been highly modified with all new Nichicon and Panasonic caps, 1% tolerance resistors, 8 new IC's, all new solid RCA jacks and I added remote control volume to it. Also my highly modified Carver M-1.0t that's upgraded to the MkII Opt 002 that puts out 425+ watts/channel and is dead quiet. There's also my ps3, a Carver CD player, Wii, and my 4 TB music server running JRiver with my CDs ripped in as FLAC files through a Fiii DAC for now.

Next up will be recapping my CF-3's and doing some bracing and deadening. When time allows...

post-26913-0-08220000-1407175212_thumb.j

• Like 1

The drawer guides weren't too bad to do really. I guess being good at math came in handy! Haha. Maybe that's why I did so many years in audio/video and understood ohms law and now in my second career, I deal with multiple VLAN's and thousands of computers and can subnet like a beast. ;-)

I think the first thing I'm going to do is replace all of the caps with Solen caps and the wire wound resistors with Mills 12w 1% resistors plus sound deaden the horns and woofer frames. Then, I'll go from there.

Edited by avguytx