Surprised there's not a separate Heritage speakers forum area....

jimjimbo

I personally would like to see a forum area dedicated specifically to the Heritage speaker line. General discussion, photos, tech/mods, for sale, wanted, etc, etc. I think the audience here is fully large enough to support it. What say you?

Would appreciate if Chad and/or other mods would track this discussion.

• Like 3

I would think that any particular topic you'd like to cover pertaining to Heritage speakers already has it's own subsection.

Heritage pricing? Garage Sale

Heritage crossovers? Technical?Mods

Heritage modifications? Technical?mods

Heritage listening? 2 Channel

Heritage for HT? Home theater etc

• Like 2

and don't forget the obligatory arguement over the "Extended Heritage" series, i.e. Chorus etc. Hey you guys don't belong here! But Paul Klipsch helped design these himself! We don't want your kind in here. Those are not "True" Heritage speakers.

I would think that any particular topic you'd like to cover pertaining to Heritage speakers already has it's own subsection.

Heritage pricing? Garage Sale

Heritage crossovers? Technical?Mods

Heritage modifications? Technical?mods

Heritage listening? 2 Channel

Heritage for HT? Home theater etc

Except that I have to wade through all kinds of other things that don't pertain to me, since I don't own any of it, other than Heritage or Extended Heritage models, and the same could be said for those that own anything but Heritage....

We'd have to have a Reference section (with I, Ii, III, IV and V subsections), Synergy section, Icon section, Paladium section, etc, etc, etc.

The more the merrier; we DO have a PRO section.

True.

If you remember, when the forum changed over to the new format, one of the goals of the admins was to reduce the number of sections. Heck I had to campaign just to get the subwoofer section back. If there was a groundswell of support for a Heritage section, I suppose they'd consider it but I just don't see it.

• Like 2

• Moderators

While I agree the Heritage line is the backbone of the company, the subwoofer, headphones and pro lines are unique categories of products, while passive speakers as a whole have their own subsets, as Carl pointed out. Creating a Heritage section would only confuse people as to where to post their questions. For example, if they had a Khorn mod, would they post it in mods or Heritage....etc.

Unless we created a Heritage subsection for each section...which just sounds like a lot of work to me. :)

• Like 3

I would prefer a separate space for heritage stuff since it's so different. Any of the folded horn speakers are pretty unique to their own and require special approaches. Users can make their own decisions as to what qualifies as heritage though.

The mods section already presumably covers everything including subs. And we probably don't need sections unique to Palladium, etc as they are all modern speakers of fairly similar architecture.

Just sayin...