Surprised there's not a separate Heritage speakers forum area....

jimjimbo

While I agree the Heritage line is the backbone of the company, the subwoofer, headphones and pro lines are unique categories of products, while passive speakers as a whole have their own subsets, as Carl pointed out. Creating a Heritage section would only confuse people as to where to post their questions. For example, if they had a Khorn mod, would they post it in mods or Heritage....etc.

Unless we created a Heritage subsection for each section...which just sounds like a lot of work to me. :)

The voice of experience...

• Administrators

Created a poll, with lots of very creative questions and answers, selected "Finish"and it disappeared. Chad, please comment and advise.

OK, so I guess there's no response to my query? This is a technical issue, not a content issue.

I honestly don't know what would cause that. When you create a poll, you start your new topic, then go into the poll options, add the questions/choices, save the poll (by clicking "finish" on the poll options popup dialog box), THEN save/post the topic. Is that what you did?

Lets break it down. These are the four most active sections. Technical Mods and Two channel need it the worst, but all 4 could use some division. The search system is far from optimal and most of the time just makes the thread hunt more frustrating. There is over 1.1 million replies in just these 4 sections to roughly 100K posts...... Looking for 4 year old info? Google will find it here easier than the search system. We need some division in these sections just for the people that cant check things every two hours or two days for that matter, because if you don't, you're three or four pages behind or maybe more.

Technical/Modifications

Talk about updating & modifying older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

• 20,011 topics
  • 192,676 replies
General Klipsch Questions & Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

• 18,484 topics
  • 232,659 replies
Home Theater

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

• 26,860 topics
  • 242,101 replies
2-Channel Home Audio

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

• 29,384 topics
  • 427,686 replies
  • Like 1

I would prefer a separate space for heritage stuff since it's so different. Any of the folded horn speakers are pretty unique to their own and require special approaches. Users can make their own decisions as to what qualifies as heritage though.

The mods section already presumably covers everything including subs. And we probably don't need sections unique to Palladium, etc as they are all modern speakers of fairly similar architecture.

Just sayin...

I have to agree. If we have a space for palladium (that gets very little traffic). The heritage should be a no brainer. That would get a ton of traffic.

If its to much work you could change the name from palladium to heritage and boom all done :).

Edit: I see we dont have a palladium anymore so nm :)

Edited by reference_head

Of course, many things are discussed there but Heritage is really the foundation of the 2 Channel Forum IMHO. I'm good with that. The whole idea of "community" is to stick together, not fragment. As with Palladium and Jubes, when separate but equal facilities are created the rest of us don't go there...and so don't learn or share.

Should we separate tubes while we are at it? Many could care less...

Dave