The hits just keep on coming...

Thejtl

Hmm. Everything I've read say they're good for music. I'm not a big bass head. I like stuff that's pretty life-like and neutral. I'm a sound engineer, among other things.

Guess I'm wondering how they'd compare to the 82iis, which are delivering tomorrow but I could return.

Sounds like your in a lucky spot in the U.S. for klipsch collecting and or demo's at this moment. If you have the wallet try as many out as possible...in your provided space for your uses is my suggestion. When i started my klipsch march there were models for sale all over in my area. Now if you look at clist in ft wayne IN you wont anything...maybe one pair of something.

To keep from my long story i say you are lucky to have oppurtunitys flying your way constant and/or consistantly. If you are not completely satisfied with what you have or just want to try them all out keep on marching and give them all a try. It took me so many klipsch to 1 get the experience and 2 find the sound i wanted to keep a bit of musical sanity in my life then use what i found best for theater. whatever you chose enjoy....

• Like 1

Hmm. Everything I've read say they're good for music. I'm not a big bass head. I like stuff that's pretty life-like and neutral. I'm a sound engineer, among other things.

Guess I'm wondering how they'd compare to the 82iis, which are delivering tomorrow but I could return.

you liked the 26's you just bought. The 82's are gonna be substantially better. The la scalas will be the same upgrade again. However I would need a sub personally. You are changing your mind a lot. 82ii's are great speakers and won't require any tinkering at all and already look beautiful. Some painted la scalas are gonna take some work to get nice looking again. As well as if they need to be re veneered they are probably the hardest of the Klipsch lineup.

I don't change my mind, I never make it up in the first place.

I look at it this way: for the same $900ish dollars I want to get the best possible speaker available to me. A few days ago, that was the 82ii, then suddenly this week there are two options used in my area that are up the line and in the same range. So to my mind I have to explore all those options before settling.

It's all a game. I like the game.

• Like 1

That's upping your budget by 10%. If you got more money to spend then get nicer speakers. I guess I just see it as people who order stuff then send it right back are the ones that cause companies to do restocking fees.

I know exactly what you mean by wanting the most bang for your buck. I'm right there with you. But you keep spending more and more each time. I think you should slow down a bit and REALLY figure out what you want. If you can afford 1000-1500 and can fit some large heritage speakers then I think that's exactly what you should do. Deals come and go but they do come for sure. If you gotta wait then wait. Patience pays off. I see lots of stuff for sale around Iowa. Just gotta have cash ready to go and swoop up the deal when it's time.

• Moderators

Go hear the LaScalas and the RF7, even if you don't buy either one. It great to know first hand how they sound.

I liked the sound of LaScalas so much I sold my babies...my RF-83 / RC-64. I honestly never would've dreamed I would've sold them. I have no regrets

I was really interested in both. I think the Rf7 must have been a different cl listing or something because I heard back from the guy and he sold them at 3pm to the first guy he showed them o. He was buying them for his nephew.

The LA Scala was tough because the guy was older and had an attachment to them because they were his son's. He didn't want to budge on the price yet and they didn't sound fantastic the way they were set up. They hadn't been played for 9 years. Maybe they would have sounded great once I got them home, but too much of a risk for $1000. They were in decent shape cosmetically though.

The rf-82iis come tomorrow and honestly $1000 is about as far as I can stretch for the foreseeable future. I hope I'll love them.

When I get them and have some time to spend with them I'll give my thoughts on them and the rf-26fs as well. I'm listening to them right now and I have to say they continue to impress me.

A lot depends on your room as well. The RF-7 setup is almost overkill for my room. It sounds great, but with them hooked up to the Emotiva amp, I rarely go over -10 on the receiver. My first set up RF-52s, were more than adequate for my space...but then I was bitten by the bug. :)