Talk me about 2" drivers... like i'm 5 years old

Schu

BTW,

Jack at Assistance Audio is the only authorized BMS dealer in the US. 801-486-2655. I chose the 4592mid driver also over the DCM50 never hearing either of them prior to doing so. At the time, a little over a year ago the BMS drivers were more than the DCM50 but not double.

Did I miss it? What woofer(s) are you matching to? How low do you need to blow?

well... I am in the preliminary information gathering stages to do this upgrade and it's a bit tenuous which of these will work with my existing XO's in a pleasing manner. So I am a bit on the fence if I would do a Mid replacement on my CW's or just look at getting LS's and have to re purchase new XO's

I am intrigued by the 510 and 402 lenses with an aftermarket driver and possibly some tweeter upgrade over the ct125 I am currently using. I would think the 510 might be a great addition to the CW the way it is now.

well... I am in the preliminary information gathering stages to do this upgrade and it's a bit tenuous which of these will work with my existing XO's in a pleasing manner. So I am a bit on the fence if I would do a Mid replacement on my CW's or just look at getting LS's and have to re purchase new XO's

I am intrigued by the 510 and 402 lenses with an aftermarket driver and possibly some tweeter upgrade over the ct125 I am currently using. I would think the 510 might be a great addition to the CW the way it is now.

Make sure that you check out the new version of the K510 the ones with with the mumps. Best regards Moray James.

I think it would be great with the CW bass. But maybe others that have had the 510 and a LS can comment on how they compare.

The metal diaphragms need steeper filters than the composite types.

I have about a half dozen with the 4592nd-MID running my networks without any problems. Two claim ear blistering levels that sound so clean that they can't figure out where the upper limit is. Since my networks are first order between the woofer and midrange, I was initially pretty concerned about selling them to these folks, but so far so good. Anyone using anything with metal diaphragms gets sent to Al.

I would love to hear from anyone using the DCM50 - isn't anyone using that beast?

Guest David H

The DCM-50 is a great performer, smooth and natural. Vocals are incredible.

The BMS-4592 also an excellent driver, same virtues.

I have not had an opportunity to demo them side by side, but I bet it would be close.

Both of these use non metallic diaphragms which are kinder to my ears.

Dave

All these sound like great options. I've not looked at most suggestions. I've used a pevy drive that weighed a ton but sounded great... Not really efficient enough. The fatial hf200, B&C de85 and 750 have all worked so well that they are interchangeable for my purposes of making cornscalawalls or modifying la Scalas. The faital worked amazingly but hate that it's really 1.4" when most horns are 2". again all three kicked ***. The radians have great reps, great plans does too. The B&Cs and fatials seem accessible.

• Like 1

All these sound like great options. I've not looked at most suggestions. I've used a pevy drive that weighed a ton but sounded great... Not really efficient enough. The fatial hf200, B&C de85 and 750 have all worked so well that they are interchangeable for my purposes of making cornscalawalls or modifying la Scalas. The faital worked amazingly but hate that it's really 1.4" when most horns are 2". again all three kicked ***. The radians have great reps, great plans does too. The B&Cs and fatials seem accessible.

The 1.4 inch exit means you can go two way with a little EQ also there are a fair number of 1.4 inch entrance horns these days if your look. The EV DH1A can be used as a 1.4 inch exit with the extender nose cup removed. I bought a pair of excellent condition DH1A for $260.00 shipping included. Unbelievable vale don't know of anything that can stand toe to toe with them. A used set of JBL 435 would be stellar they have three inch beryllium diaphragms but will set you back around $700.00 0r more for a pair in top condition. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1