What do you do for a living?

Chad

Currently an Apple Certified tech at a minor midwestern university following downsizing after 21.5 years in customer service with IBM. Also farming cattle, beans and corn. Real credentials: Served as president of the future gynecologists club in high school.

• Like 4

I broker US Treasuries & have been doing so since the early 90's. 30+ years on Wall Street, the Treasury market is pretty much all I know. It is the largest, deepest, most liquid market in the world. It is where the world's money runs to when the SHTF.

• Like 3

I am a masonry/concrete contractor. Yes, I work hard. I build mostly backyard outdoor projects and outdoor kitchens. I built this a few weeks ago….attachicon.gifphoto 17.jpg

hey now... what type mortar do you have to use if you are dealing with high heat like that so it does not crack longer term?

All the interior masonry is built with fireproof mortar call Fireclay or Airset. The exterior in the pic is brown colored mortar. The deck is actually colored/stamped concrete with a wood pattern.

I am a masonry/concrete contractor. Yes, I work hard. I build mostly backyard outdoor projects and outdoor kitchens. I built this a few weeks ago….attachicon.gifphoto 17.jpg

That is one heck of a backyard pizza oven....I want one....

I did a project last year similar to this with a pizza oven on the side. I heard they work well.

All the interior masonry is built with fireproof mortar call Fireclay or Airset. The exterior in the pic is brown colored mortar. The deck is actually colored/stamped concrete with a wood pattern.

TY sir... great work.

I want one of those but indoors... somehow I dont think it would pass code, but who knows.

• Like 1

TY sir... great work.

I want one of those but indoors... somehow I dont think it would pass code, but who knows.

Thanks…the only code requirement around here for a freestanding fireplace is the footer depth. Attached to a house requires height codes also. The wind can have an affect in how well an outside fireplace works. I always make the firebox area taller on an exterior unit, less chance of puffing smoke out of the front.

• Moderators
The wind can have an affect in how well an outside fireplace works.

Same as inside heaters, nice looking work, I remember seeing a different picture of your work, both are first class !

• Moderators

Applied engineering and aviation. What I do (or have done specifically) changes on an almost annual basis.

Hydraulics, controls, dynamics, acoustics, research, bench technician, air crew, fabrication, asset management, performance, operations, etc, etc.

That's it . :o I think you need a couple month vacation.

post-9700-0-95540000-1407444104.gif

Cytotechnologist/molecular biologist, look at cell samples in a microscope and write a diagnosis. Samples from all over the body but a lot of Pap smears.

The previous discussion on gynecology reminded me of my school days when watching a rather graphic film on how to collect a Pap smear. At the conclusion one of my female classmates turned to me and said:

"Aren't you glad you are not a woman?"

I replied:

"No, I am glad I am not a Gynecologist"

• Like 2

20 years of sawmill work, about 15 years as an RN before Dr. told me I can't work no more. That was last year. So now I just try to avoid migraines, or at least to reduce them.

My wife has an adult care home in which the residents live with us. Kind of like having an extended family.