What do you do for a living?

Chad

Hey all

I am a software engineer specializing in internal IT support systems and applications. I currently work for Earthlink and previously worked for Daimler and prior to that I traveled the country as a consultant helping companies implement IT service products.. Prior to that I was blue collar working for UPS delivering packages.

I am pretty sure it was not me who smashed all of the packages I hear about on this forum but feel free to let the comments fly. I would....LOL

Started out as a firefighter which lead to paramedic school. A few years later became a police officer after a interim year as a 911 dispatcher. After eight years as a cop, I made the "natural" career path change to financial advisor six years ago. Chased down my CFP designation two years ago and I'm loving life. It was a huge transition/learning curve, but it's the best career choice I could have made. My wife is stay at home with the kiddo(s) (#2 due in oct), but she did, full time and now does on the side, hair and nails out of the home.

I agree with twelveblocks - good thread.

• Like 1

I work for Entergy, if you live in AR TX MS or LA you are probably familiar with the name. My title is RTA operator Real Time Analyst. My in a nutshell I forecast and mitigate congestion on the Entergy portion of the bulk electric system to continue to serve our industrial customers and 2.7 million residential customers. My domain is 115KV to 500KV backbone of the system. I love what I do it is a continuous learning experience that changes with the weather literally. This year the tornado in AR really provided a great learning opportunity for me as I was working that night and the opportunity for the company to show we will always do our best.