What do you do for a living?

Chad

^^^ On the Nevada side near Lake Tahoe or Reno looks good to me.

The wife just wants me to keep busy, so i do, anything, like speakers, new, Bigger, redesign and start all over again.

She has a year and a half to go to retirement, great time to score the "Other Home", got a ranch out toward Fallon that i can pick up for dam near nothing, however that maybe a bit farther out from Reno than im willing to go, the wife and i agree, something close to a minimega town is nice.

We have a place on the Oregon coast we rent out, we just cannot live there year round, too dam wet.

• Like 2

Love your stuff Mung. Can you travel, or is this type of business just too local due to trusted subs, etc?

It's very satisfying to work on this end of the spectrum, with some designs being built in the $2000 per square foot range. Not for everybody's pocketbook, and nothing speculative.

Can I order a 100 sq/ft home?

Edit: Make that a 10 sq/ft home

Second edit: Make that a 1 sq/ft home

Will not ship...

X - master line technician for Cadillac, Buick & Oldsmobile (GM)

X- owner of Expert handyman service.

Licenced electrician, carpenter, plumber.

Also building computers in my spare time mostly for friends & family.

Now building loudspeakers and subwoofers.

I remember my trip to kev313 house in Chicago to pick up the oris 150 and the jbl bass bin, if memory serves you had just had the first of the 3 kids, We have had 2 since that trip

originally went for the horns but then offered a good price on the bins that I could not pass on

very enjoyable trip and a nice meet

Yep...nice meeting you in person. That would've been just about after my first. Congrats on yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thread... I enjoyed reading what others do for a living. Not that I would have ever been able to guess what anybody on here did for a living, but there were several that I thought, "I wouldn't have pegged (insert name here) as a/an (insert career here)!"

I'm the Vice-President/Sales of a 150 man Aerospace Manufacturing small business that specializes in machining exotic metals (Inconel, Titanium, etc.) Most of our components go on aircraft engines and landing gear.

Wifey stays home with a 2.5 year old girl and a 1.5 year old boy. And I don't know how she does it.

Edited by johnnydrama
  • Like 3

Cat herder. Oh no wait, that was my last job.

However it now appears that you are calling us a bunch of beasts.

You know what they remind each other of when the cat herder’s get together for a happy hour, “At least when herding cats you always have the option to put the difficult ones to sleep.” :ph34r2:

Well you guys all have awesome jobs. Well I was just a factory worker at solo cup co. for 24 years ran a machine called a slitter which was about 50 years old but worked very good. Then solo closed the plant that most my family had worked in at one time or another and was probably the best paper cup/plate factory they had. Then I went to a place called plastic packaging where I ran a new slitter. It was high tech and we slit film for products like coffee,,, tater chips...cookies etc. Did you know coffee bags are made of 3 layers of film and the bag probably costs as much as the stuff in it. I also worked at high end bicycle shop never made me rich at any of these jobs but I was always called McGyver I always could figure problems out and find idea to fix it I guess growing up poor made me that way. Then I had liver transplant that has put me on disability but now I can enjoy being home doing anything I want when ever I want,,lol. My wife worked at solo with me in the 70s but she went on to other jobs after having our son then we had twins and now works at home doing insurance interviews. Rick

Edited by ricktate