HK 930 input impedance?

muel

Thinking it would be easy to find an answer, I consulted easily obtainable PDFs for the h/k 930 manuals and was surprised to see that they don't answer your question. I suspect you've already discovered the same yourself.

Good news, . . . sort of.

While speaking with a forum member who is an expert on the h/k x30 series of receivers, I asked him your question. His personal experience with a 930 driving Cerwin Vega nominally 4 ohm speakers was that it did not do well. For reasons that I didn't fully understand, a 430 or 730 can tolerate a 4 ohm load, but 630 or 930 cannot. Apparently, the 930 can be relatively easily modified to allow it to be compatible with a nominal 4 ohm load.

Edited by DizRotus

Thinking it would be easy to find an answer, I consulted easily obtainable PDFs for the h/k 930 manuals and was surprised to see that they don't answer your question. I suspect you've already discovered the same yourself.

Good news, . . . sort of.

While speaking with a forum member who is an expert on the h/k x30 series of receivers, I asked him your question. His personal experience with a 930 driving Cerwin Vega nominally 4 ohm speakers was that it did not do well. For reasons that I didn't fully understand, a 430 or 730 can tolerate a 4 ohm load, but 630 or 930 cannot. Apparently, the 930 can be relatively easily modified to allow it to be compatible with a nominal 4 ohm load.

Yeah, they didn't exactly publish a lot of specs in their owners manual. The service manual has the whole schematic though.

This is the information I needed... Thank you!!

I was thinking of using this temporarily as a subwoofer amp for a pair of Table Tubas I'll be putting into service soon. I thought I had a Dayton amp that would do the job but it is only for 8 ohm. It is a little bit crazy but I might be using a VRD ST with a low pass filter for the subs until I figure out a sub amp for the job.