Collapsing paragraph white space (next day)...

I've noticed that posts in which there are deliberate single white space breaks between paragraphs have been collapsing to no vertical spaces the next day but only in the displayed text, not in edited text view. Is this an "enhancement"?

I'd point out that judicious use of white space in writing is almost as important as the content of the text itself (...more so for some authors, unfortunately... ;) ) IF automatic vertical white space collapsing is a deliberate action by forum administrator(s), then I'd recommend that an indent also be substituted to replace the collapsed paragraph space if some script is collapsing the paragraph white spaces, in accordance with every copyeditors handbook or manual of style that I'm aware of.

In order to disable this "feature", I've recently taken to adding an underline character in these blank spaces in order to retain these deliberate white spaces when displayed. This isn't what I'd prefer to do, since these underline marks are also distracting.

[i'm using Firefox 31.0 for Windows, if that matters.]

Please advise.

V/R,

Chris

Edited by Chris A