?

Taz

Is anyone else unable to find

dealing-with-a-forum-member

I don't think I've seen a total thread removed before.

If is indeed still on the forum the I readily apologize for any insinuation.

I edited after thinking it through. Removed possible offensive data. Don't want kicked off forum.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

The error message implies it was likely trashed to cache or a recycle forum on the board. IPS would pitch an error indicating it could not be found if it was flat out deleted. No big deal to me though IMO - most seemed to be rallying for a reset button, that's a good way to do it too.

Is anyone else unable to find

dealing-with-a-forum-member

I don't think I've seen a total thread removed before. Pictures that some felt were inappropriate, I have no argument with that even though I'm the one that went over the line there. But the whole thread. When I tried to access the thread I got a message that I was not authorized to see it. Or some such statement. The only way I can get any access is by clicking on ******** liked a post you made in Dealing with a forum member

In honor of the founder of Klipsch I call B$

If is indeed still on the forum the I readily apologize for any insinuation.

Just tested it for you mate

Same result even after logging in

My search was also via Google

post-57741-0-97780000-1408256302_thumb.j

I didn't respond to the DWAFM post after I figured out what it was, simple post where the THREAD STARTER wanted to vent, and was not asking for advice. I followed the post and saw the way is spiraled out of control and got personal, in a negative way.

I thought the post was PERFECT for our Potential New MODERATORS, whom we VOTED FOR to weigh in and find how they would have dealt with that thread, and some of the posters, i.e.:

• ignore the thread, it's fine, just some good back-and-forth lively conversation going on
  • PM some name callers informing them of potential consequences if it didn't stop
  • Post publicly in a general way (not personal) that the tone of the conversation needs to stop
  • lock the topic (and I think it was locked for a while, not sure what happened how it became unlocked again)
  • delete the topic
  • ban some posters.

I know what I would have done. B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Geesh. I leave for 3 days and everything goes to hell. Heh.

I'll be giving our new moderators their wings soon along with some guidelines. Also the warning point system will be back and actually be used.

• Like 2