FS: Chorus I Speakers

cjmustang69

Selling a very nice pair of Chorus I speakers with Walnut cabinets. I've owned these speakers for about 2 months and expected to own for the long term. However, I've purchased a pair of RF-7 II speakers on this forum, and need to sell a pair of speakers to make room. I'm not able to post photos at this time - but please search my posts and you'll see photos of speakers. They have consecutive serial numbers and are in excellent condition. Speakers have Crites Ti diaphragms installed - with original diaphragms in carton. I would like to sell for what I have in them - which is $600. I'm located in Chapel Hill, NC and sale is for local pick up only.

post-33408-0-23680000-1408791330_thumb.j

post-33408-0-98760000-1408791358_thumb.j

post-33408-0-92560000-1408791387_thumb.j

post-33408-0-53120000-1408791419_thumb.j

Edited by cjmustang69

Thank you for posting topic with photos. I'm traveling and have only my IPad. I'm not experienced enough to post links, etc... With it. You can see the Chorus speakers are very nice looking in photos. In the short time I've had them, they sounded great with the Parasound front end and the McIntosh front end. I really have mixed emotions about selling them - but am anxious to try the RF-7 II speakers I'll pick up next week.
  • Like 1

Your welcome! Have you any heard RF 7's yet?

No - never heard the RF-7II speakers. I bought a pair, on this forum, based on what I have read about them. I'm very confident they will work well in my HT system and am also anxious to hear them in a 2 channel system - most likely with a McIntosh MC-2105 amp and C-28 preamp.

• Like 1

Nice looking Chorus I's, wish you were a bit closer to me.. I've never heard the RF-7's but I've yet to hear a 2-way Klipsch speaker best my Chorus II's in over all clarity and inner detail. With the KG line, the KLF-10 and a pair of RB-75's (plus the RB-35's & RB-5's) being my reference. Each of these sound great on their own but then put them next to the Chorus for a shoot out and its all over. This is at all volumes. Of course this is just my experience, in my space with my gear and most importantly my ears.

• Like 1

The walnut cabinets look sharp. And they'd match all my mid-century furniture... And I'm just down the road in GSO... And my my wife would throw me out on my ear if there were another pair of Chorii in the living room. Wanna trade for some Chorus 1's in oak, with Crites tweets and caps?  :D

Seriously, best of luck with the sale. You're in a good market.  

Good luck with your sale on the Chorus speakers. They look to be in great shape. I think you are going to be very very pleased with the RF7iis I’m brining you tomorrow. They will require some break in time as they have never been used before. Again GLWS

Look forward to meeting you tomorrow and picking up the RF7IIs.  The Chorus speakers I've listed are in very nice condition - cabinets, drivers, and grills are all excellent. I would hold onto them, but just can't justify keeping them with my purchase of the RF7IIs.  I primarily listen to 2 Channel rather than Home Theatre - and have several  2 channel systems.  I have several speakers which represent a range of  speaker technology (Magnepan, Quad Electrostic, Vandersteen, Klispch) which I like to rotate through.  I just can't justify having 3 pair of Klipsch due to space and time limitations.