used klipsch

Tig guy

Hey everyone new member with my first post.Ive been sneaking around the forum for awhile and have enjoyed all the great info. I have some speakers picked out that I feel will work for me and my home theater needs, and am ready to become part of the Klipsch family. Before buying retail, I was wondering about buying used, I found a guy selling rf-82ii and wants $700 for the pair, he says he has owned them for just over a year and are in excellent condition, he has upgraded to rf-7 and this is why hes getting rid of them. When you buy from a individual the manufacturer warranty is voided? so I am a little nervous. Im supposed to go take a look at them, anybody have any advice on anything I should look for? The guy said they would be hooked up so I could hear them. Any specific questions I should be asking? And should have any worries about buying these or any other used speaker? Thanks in advance for any help and advice. Brian

• Moderators

Others can answer that question better than me, they will join in whenever they see this.

Just wanted to say Welcome, glad you joined, there is a lot of good info here and always people willing to help out.

Welcome. Hold tight and the advice (from those far more experienced on the ins & outs of audio) will chime in.

Post your location…perhaps a forum member lives in your area and you can take him out to lunch and check out the speakers at the same time. I’m a bit paranoid from having lived in some unsafe areas, so take someone with you when you go to a strangers house and let someone know the address that your going to … just in case. I’ve never had a problem personally; but, i always bring a very large friend with me…plus he can carry the heavy stuff if i buy it.

Good luck.

Inspect the speakers carefully, check for build integrity and driver quality. Examine stickers, serial numbers. Pay close attention to detail and make sure you bring some things to listen to that you yourself would enjoy so you know exactly what you're getting yourself into.

Hi Tig Guy.

First off--do you have pictures of the speakers that you can post? That will help people here give a better assessment of what you are trying to buy. I'm relatively new here and everyone in this community has been wonderful to me.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stay a while!

Thanks for the great ideals, I live in Indianapolis In, and the seller is located in Fishers In, Fishers is usually know as great area, but unfortunately crime is everywhere now days. I found the seller on my local Craigslist, and looks like the ad has been there for about 30 days. I will email on lunch and see if he will send more pics, then I will try to show them here.

The has returned my email with plenty of pics,I tryed to load some but the file was to big. Not to good with computer stuff, if anyone can tell me a easy way to fix this I will, but the speakers look great in the pic, and I was told neither have a scratch on them. He said they was mostly used for movies. The only reason he is selling was because he found a great deal on the rf-7. I read that you want a center speaker that would keep up with and not be over powered, what do you think about useing the rc-62ii for my center, this guy also has one, but we haven't talked money.

Most people don't want to get stuck trying to sell a single center speaker, so see if he will give you a "deal" on the center if you pay the asking price on the RF-82II's.  The RC-62II would be a good match for the RF-82II.

Note:  I am not the ultimate authority on setups like this, so if you get some other advice, feel free to ignore me and listen to them.  It won't hurt my feelings. B)

Edited by wvu80

50% of retail would be the top imo. $600 for a pair of year old used rf-82ii is a very fair offer. If he paid retail I can see why he wants 700. But for $140 more you can have them new at your door with no tax and no shipping cost.

$840 for a new pair, shipped to my door? Would you be able to point me the right direction to find this? Thank you