My First Heritage Purchase!

MichaelandKlipsch

Well I’m planning to pick up my first set of Heritage speakers next week. I have started to get their new home/spot ready and I thought would share a few photos of the location. Right now I just have a UPS and audio rack in place and I plan to put a Lascala on either side of it. Then I’ll look for a pre/pro to power them. I have read numerous difference of opinion on subs for them and I have every intention of adding a small sub to the mix eventually. Maybe a 10” sub to handle the low end since I know they don’t excel in this area. I’m not sure of the brand or the type that will go here but it should be an exciting mini project. Once I pick up the Lascalas (from a member) next week I’ll add some photos. They are going on the left side of my garage as I spend a lot of time outside and I will actually get to enjoy them in here. I just finished epoxying the floor last month and these should look and sound spectacular in this large space.

post-52289-0-52260000-1408466582_thumb.j

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say a mancave lol but certainly a large garage. After I pick up Billy's lascalas I'm leaning toward an mcintosh mc2505 amp and a c28 mcintosh pre. Not 100% sure which route I take. But some older gear sounds like fun

be cautious with the C-28. Volume controls are notoriously bad. You can get replacements from Mc but you take chances with them as well. Other than that the 28 and 2505 sounded really nice on the Belles.

• Moderators

Congratulations they will sound good in a space that size.

If you have any old blankets or anything that could temporarily hang on the wall or lay on the floor, it would help with all those hard surfaces, just to knock down some reflections. 

Nice looking space, is it the single door that's going out to where you spend a lot of time or is there a garage door ? I was going to say if it's a bigger door maby build some carriages with wheels where they could sit on and roll to point toward outside ?

Just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

I have every intention of adding a small sub to the mix eventually. Maybe a 10” sub...

I am hoping you use one of your soon to arrive JTR Captivator S2, dual 18" subwoofers with your new La Scalas!

Well I definitely wouldn’t want to place a Cap S2 in the Lascala setup. That kind of output in a garage would clearly piss the neighbors off lol. Right now the plan is to have both JTRs up in the theater Co-located under the screen. I don’t want to have huge output in the low end region in the garage so maybe a small sub would be nice. Realistically I won’t be able to hook these up immediately as I need to finish up with the electrician for the JTRs and I want to do the Lens for the projector first. This was not a planned purchase but I’m not unhappy with the unexpectedness of it. I feel totally within my right to blame Youthman.

• Like 1

You might as well hear them hooked up to my C2500/MC275 before you load them up so you can hear them with tubes. You might get in more trouble...

Bill I definitely plan to do a bit of listening on them before taking them to my house. I wouldn’t mind hearing those Palladiums while I’m there too. The last listening sessions wasn’t what I expected

Congratulations they will sound good in a space that size.

If you have any old blankets or anything that could temporarily hang on the wall or lay on the floor, it would help with all those hard surfaces, just to knock down some reflections.

Nice looking space, is it the single door that's going out to where you spend a lot of time or is there a garage door ? I was going to say if it's a bigger door maby build some carriages with wheels where they could sit on and roll to point toward outside ?

Just thinking out loud.

Dtel- I have thought of doing just that. I have some black quilts that I have no problem hanging on the walls. I would also like a Pissing of the Neighbors banner in there at some point. This bay of my garage doesn’t have a door the other side does. It is a tandem garage and we only use the right side. I’ll show you a better picture to better represent how large the space is. This left side is completely unused. I finished all the work in here about a month ago and have toyed with the idea of putting in a nice comfortable couch and getting my guitar/half stack amps again. I used to play music for years and it would be neat. I’m very excited to finally own some Lascalas. I had no intention of getting another pair of Klipsch speakers for a while as I was going to get some Triad gold monitors for the study, but as is such with life and here we are. Looking forward to meeting another forum member as well.

post-52289-0-98660000-1408537779_thumb.j

post-52289-0-43420000-1408537900_thumb.j

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch