My First Heritage Purchase!

MichaelandKlipsch

I have every intention of adding a small sub to the mix eventually. Maybe a 10” sub...

I am hoping you use one of your soon to arrive JTR Captivator S2, dual 18" subwoofers with your new La Scalas!
Well I definitely wouldn’t want to place a Cap S2 in the Lascala setup. That kind of output in a garage would clearly piss the neighbors off lol. Right now the plan is to have both JTRs up in the theater Co-located under the screen. I don’t want to have huge output in the low end region in the garage so maybe a small sub would be nice. Realistically I won’t be able to hook these up immediately as I need to finish up with the electrician for the JTRs and I want to do the Lens for the projector first. This was not a planned purchase but I’m not unhappy with the unexpectedness of it. I feel totally within my right to blame Youthman.
yeah good luck with that! Once you see how huge these caps are compared to the "toys" you just sold, you aren't gonna be able to wait on that lens. Besides you might have to rethink the whole lens anyways as your house is about to be able to reproduce it's own earthquakes. Lol
  • Like 1

I have every intention of adding a small sub to the mix eventually. Maybe a 10” sub...

I am hoping you use one of your soon to arrive JTR Captivator S2, dual 18" subwoofers with your new La Scalas!
Well I definitely wouldn’t want to place a Cap S2 in the Lascala setup. That kind of output in a garage would clearly piss the neighbors off lol. Right now the plan is to have both JTRs up in the theater Co-located under the screen. I don’t want to have huge output in the low end region in the garage so maybe a small sub would be nice. Realistically I won’t be able to hook these up immediately as I need to finish up with the electrician for the JTRs and I want to do the Lens for the projector first. This was not a planned purchase but I’m not unhappy with the unexpectedness of it. I feel totally within my right to blame Youthman.
yeah good luck with that! Once you see how huge these caps are compared to the "toys" you just sold, you aren't gonna be able to wait on that lens. Besides you might have to rethink the whole lens anyways as your house is about to be able to reproduce it's own earthquakes. Lol

Totally excited for these. I have yet to hear 18 inch subs so this will be a very new experience and in room single digit response is sure to be surreal. I definitely will have to go with the fixed lens attachment on the projector as oppose to the sled as my original plans had been. I don’t know that I’ll remove the lens anyway as I don’t watch TV or sports etc on the screen.

Ps if youth is to blame for these lascalas. You are definitely I blame for the dual jtrs.

• Moderators
Dtel- I have thought of doing just that. I have some black quilts that I have no problem hanging on the walls. I would also like a Pissing of the Neighbors banner in there at some point. This bay of my garage doesn’t have a door the other side does. It is a tandem garage and we only use the right side. I’ll show you a better picture to better represent how large the space is. This left side is completely unused. I finished all the work in here about a month ago and have toyed with the idea of putting in a nice comfortable couch and getting my guitar/half stack amps again. I used to play music for years and it would be neat. I’m very excited to finally own some Lascalas.

Great, was just a little worried about maby it not sounding great and maby even an echo, I can see the space better now, and good idea and place for your guitar setup.

Good looking job on the floor, very nice, looking at those pic's you are apparently much more neater and organized than me.

Good looking space, should  be perfect for what you want. :emotion-21:

Congratulations they will sound good in a space that size.

If you have any old blankets or anything that could temporarily hang on the wall or lay on the floor, it would help with all those hard surfaces, just to knock down some reflections.

Nice looking space, is it the single door that's going out to where you spend a lot of time or is there a garage door ? I was going to say if it's a bigger door maby build some carriages with wheels where they could sit on and roll to point toward outside ?

Just thinking out loud.

Dtel- I have thought of doing just that. I have some black quilts that I have no problem hanging on the walls. I would also like a Pissing of the Neighbors banner in there at some point. This bay of my garage doesn’t have a door the other side does. It is a tandem garage and we only use the right side. I’ll show you a better picture to better represent how large the space is. This left side is completely unused. I finished all the work in here about a month ago and have toyed with the idea of putting in a nice comfortable couch and getting my guitar/half stack amps again. I used to play music for years and it would be neat. I’m very excited to finally own some Lascalas. I had no intention of getting another pair of Klipsch speakers for a while as I was going to get some Triad gold monitors for the study, but as is such with life and here we are. Looking forward to meeting another forum member as well.

Ooooh.  How about more pics of the Cayenne :)

As a person who uses LaScalas in a shop, I can say you won't be disappointed. If you are going to listen at any high volumes, you will want a sub that can keep up. At low volumes, a small sub would be fine. I have run a pair with a Paradigm DSP-3200, and it sounded great in a 30x40 garage. In my 50x100 garage, I needed a pair of THT's to keep up.

I'm not sure which sub ill put with these but I don't listen to music at high volumes only movies. I'm def up dr suggestion among members that use these I don't need it to fill bass through out the entire garage either. I have it close to where i usually am. The garage is 27' wide and about 48' long.

Well I should have the Lascalas powered up by Saturday morning. I decided to purchase bills Cambridge Audio integrated amp to get some power to these babies sooner rather than later so I can focus on the theater project. I can always upgrade later on if needed but I’m not sure I even will and hope to just enjoy some tunes with the new Integrated amp. I also purchased an NAD IPD2 Ipod Dac dock so that I can just leave my Ipod touch connected and control my music with my remote while I’m in the garage etc. I’ll snap some photos of the new integrated amp and NAD pieces this weekend. Special thanks to Bill for and Billy for everything. Great guys to deal with both personally and on the forum. Now back to focusing on the Theater.

• Moderators

I would start without a sub, you said you don't listen loud but it will take a little power just for that space and LaScala's get more bass with a little power. For times with really low volume a sub would help fill in. Looking good