Khorn placement questions...

Shakeydeal

One corner of my room will be fine. The other corner has 25" of usable wall before a closet door frame starts.Will that be enough? And what do you guys do about baseboards? How can they possibly fit flush in the corner with a baseboard?

Thanks in advance,

Shakey

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't have khorns but I think they are cut out for baseboards, your style baseboards I don't know ?

How wide it the Khorn where it goes along the wall ? If it's under 25" your fine I would think.

Someone knows...................ok that was no help

You're lucky.  25" is o.k.  I have to reduce my closet door opening from a 4' bi-fold door opening to a 30" solid door.  I am installing the door so it swings into the room, so it will be close to flush with the wall when closed.  I have the new door, but have been putting it off because mudding drywall is not my thing.  Base boards should not be an issue.  The side grills are cut out for them and the rear beam with the gaskets are contoured to accommodate most baseboards. 

Edited by tnr

Remember that false corners will let you place the Khorns basically wherever you want - within 18 inches of the corner will ensure corner gain.

One corner of my room will be fine. The other corner has 25" of usable wall before a closet door frame starts.Will that be enough? And what do you guys do about baseboards? How can they possibly fit flush in the corner with a baseboard?

Thanks in advance,

Shakeyedeal

Make sure the closet door is solid core (exterior type), thick, and doesn't rattle at all.  I had that situation once, and an ordinary interior bolt didn't hold the door firmly enough.  I substituted a twist type deadbolt, and positioned it so that the bolt was pressed against the strike plate when thrown.  That did the trick. 

Khorns will rattle anything that is able to rattle, including double hung windows two rooms away, and built in bookcases three rooms away, in my former house!  They are worth it, though!

I've never heard them either....  at one time, i wanted to try a pair of khorns...  but i done kinda settled in on the idea that i was really happy with my cornwalls.... to me i think they just an good all around speaker and with new caps and diaphragms in the mids and tweets they are just hard to beat....  but i know as i say that i tend to buy and try things....lol

Thanks for all the replies. The seller is out of town until saturday, but he says they are mid 90s vintage and in great shape. Less than 3 hours away.

Still doing my homework.

Shakey

I drove a lot more for mine.  Worth every mile.

• Like 1

it will work fine with a full wall on one side and 25" on the other side of each speaker.

my khorns are situated in an almost identical situation and they never cease to amaze (according to all friends/family that have listened) and i agree!

see post #26 in this thread  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/151696-klipschorns-in-a-smallish-room/page-2

I dont know why some does not make little wings that attach to the back and sides of the speaker that make the enclosure sealed and not need walls at 90*

Having a room without the needed coners for Khorns, I made up some false corners before trying them out, but there was almost no bass.

After some more reading , now I know they really need the corner-loading to get to their full potential.

Never heard my favorite japanese drum-track so convincing as at one friend's house; he has got the perfect room for Khorns....I felt every blow on the big drums in my gut and the couch was like moving under me. [that experience made me buy Khorns].

So mine are waiting for a suitable home....someday.