Beware of Logitech products

peshewah

I bought  a logitech G930 gaming headset 3 months ago  and after some use there was no sound coming from the right ear piece. So on 8/4/14 I started the RMA process by contacting logitech by phone.  I went thru all their crap and been waiting for a return label to date. Past few time I have called them they put me on hold so long the music stops playing. Tonight they told me they sent me the return label yesterday and then told me I have been talking to wrong department. They put me on hold and the music started and the music ended.

If you do buy a logitech product you are better off getting the in store  warranty. The 2 year warranty logitech offers is no good.

Logitech it seems has gotten worse over the years, a few years ago i was buying lots of company related items from these guys without one complaint from employees.

I noticed in Fry's last few times iv been there, you can tell packages that were brought back to the store, some have the "Orange" sticker on them. and most were Logitech.

Guest Steven1963

I've purchased many Logitech products over the years.  I love their gaming mice.  That said, I haven't purchased anything new in about 2 years.  Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

I think some of it has to do with having a bazillion products out there. Even a fraction of a percent failure rate will put the failures in the thousands, which makes it hard to do returns and failures. Makes if hard when the one that fails is your own. We've never had trouble with their products at the school where I work and we get a lot of Logitech stuff.

Bruce

well, i've had to deal with logitech customer service a couple of times for my squeezebox duet. 

lots of disconnects in that organization. they don't seem to be set up for customer service flow. 

i've talked with some people who were courteous and tried to be helpful, but ended up not being able to

do what needed to be done from their desk. 

have wondered about the issue Bruce mentions about having a bazillion products to service. 

Edited by Daddy Dee

This is a sour grapes thread and has no legitimate purpose other than to bash a product because the thread starter had a bad experience and is now being a baby about it.  It's a troll post if I ever saw one.

I'm interested to see how our new moderators deal with it.

Most of us have examples of these kind of problems with support / warranty service.  I don't see anything wrong with someone complaining about the service they got from any company.  Their experience might not be common with that company or it might happen a lot... who knows... not me.

I base the decision to even try to get service or a replacement on how much it cost and how long have I had it.  3 months isn't very long for sure.  What's wrong with venting about BS service?  

Over all, I have had good experience with Logitech products.

I can tell you from my experience there are some companies that I simply won't mess with their support at all.  If I can't get the retailer to take the item back I'll just throw it in the trash.  Life is too short to waste it jumping through hoops and waiting on hold.

Edited by muel

I think some of it has to do with having a bazillion products out there. Even a fraction of a percent failure rate will put the failures in the thousands, which makes it hard to do returns and failures. Makes if hard when the one that fails is your own. We've never had trouble with their products at the school where I work and we get a lot of Logitech stuff.

Bruce

If they make bazillions and only a handful fail they should just replace them for free. If the new one fails chances are the customer is doing something wrong and should get free and relatively timely tech support. That is what a company that cares about their customer does.

This is a sour grapes thread and has no legitimate purpose other than to bash a product because the thread starter had a bad experience and is now being a baby about it.  It's a troll post if I ever saw one.

Are you saying all other people with problems with Logitech get wonderful Tech support? I doubt it. If a fellow Klipschite needs a place to vent what harm is done.

Are you saying all other people with problems with Logitech get wonderful Tech support? I doubt it. If a fellow Klipschite needs a place to vent what harm is done.

I do not know for certain and cannot speak for him; however, I believe that he may be running somewhat of a parallel observation to the deleted thread ‘dealing with a forum member’ where a few of the responding posts may not have been warranted and appeared to be bordering on personal attacks to the OP’s character in that thread and only managed to put the OP on the defensive. A rather ugly side of the human nature then transpired. My take away from that thread was more related to trying to gain an understanding, if the posts that complain without equal time from the other party really provide much of a benefit for anyone? It already seems that from the posts above, we are noticing some diversity in experience here.

Edited by Fjd

OK, I'll bite.

I took it as a "buyer beware" of a certain product and a heads up on which warranty to purchase if you're in the same boat.  Of course I also view people bashing differently than company bashing (rightly or wrongly).  I don't seem to recall the same level of animosity when Bose is bashed either.

Full disclosure.  I've owned 2 Logitech universal remotes and they've worked flawlessly for years.  The first one went 4+ years (I think the battery pack went) and my current one is over 3 years old.

• Like 2

It really wasn't so much the product. It worked great for 3 months. When I bought it from BestBuy I seen no reason to buy an extended warranty because Logitech offered a 2 year warranty. If they didn't want to rma it then tell me so, don't string me along. I talk to 5 different people and got the response. Didn't mean to cause a fuss. Just letting my brothers know. And venting

Guest Steven1963

I'm going to assume you were having a bad day.  :mellow:

• Like 1

Bruce

If they make bazillions and only a handful fail they should just replace them for free. If the new one fails chances are the customer is doing something wrong and should get free and relatively timely tech support. That is what a company that cares about their customer does.

I didn't say a handful... Let's say 1/2 of 1 percent fail. If they sell 5M a year, that's still 25,000 items. Over 68 returns a day.