Can two 904s be combined into one as a center channel? And are they too much for surrounds?

plissken99

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It really is nice to see more & more people infected with the cinema bug.... :emotion-21:

It really was a cheap way to get on board too when that cache of 904s became available for cheap too, but I hope these guys will take the time to investigate the other bigger and better offerings from Klipsch now that they have taken the plunge.

Roger

• Like 1

Jeeze I don't know how much bigger I could fit. And according to bill I have about the best in the line without spending a lot more to get a couple extra percent. I talked to

Him the other day about getting into some kpt-942-4's. He said the 510 is 95% of the 402 and the extra two woofers would only gain me extra spl. Jubilees are just way out of my price range. Like WAY out

• Like 1

Jeeze I don't know how much bigger I could fit. And according to bill I have about the best in the line without spending a lot more to get a couple extra percent. I talked to

Him the other day about getting into some kpt-942-4's. He said the 510 is 95% of the 402 and the extra two woofers would only gain me extra spl. Jubilees are just way out of my price range. Like WAY out

Size is the problem Scrappy,

Jubilees are certainly expensive, but Jubilees can even be outperformed by a pair of MWM double bins and a K-402 K-69 combination, ask Coytee who owns Jubilees, Eldon who owns MCM doubles with K-402, K-69s, or my buddy Kevin Harmon that own Jubilees, TSCMs, 904's, MCM 1900s and KP-600s!

The MWM double bin trumps the Jubilee bass bin. My KP-450s have the same bass bin as your 904s, and the Klipschorn / TSCM Bin trumps the twin 15 inch woofers in both clarity and Bass output down to 35 Hz., so another cheap upgrade that would be space sensitive would be a TSCM Bass bin with the 402, K-69! I used to have 11 TSCM Bass bins and sold 4 of them! The TSCM Bass bins can be had for cheap if they don't have the top hat. I sold my 4 TSCM BASS bins for $500 a pair!The MWM route is really the way to go though if you have the real-estate!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

Size is the problem Scrappy,

Jubilees are certainly expensive, but Jubilees can even be outperformed by a pair of MWM double bins and a K-402 K-69 combination, ask Coytee who owns Jubilees, Eldon who owns MCM doubles with K-402, K-69s, or my buddy Kevin Harmon that own Jubilees, TSCMs, 904's, MCM 1900s and KP-600s!

The MWM double bin trumps the Jubilee bass bin. My KP-450s have the same bass bin as your 904s, and the Klipschorn / TSCM Bin trumps the twin 15 inch woofers in both clarity and Bass output down to 35 Hz., so another cheap upgrade that would be space sensitive would be a TSCM Bass bin with the 402, K-69! I used to have 11 TSCM Bass bins and sold 4 of them! The TSCM Bass bins can be had for cheap if they don't have the top hat. I sold my 4 TSCM BASS bins for $500 a pair!The MWM route is really the way to go though if you have the real-estate!

Roger

pm sent.