Fitzmaurice Table Tuba Question--TUBA NOW HOME!

Mr. Clark

This is helpful to know. It actually makes my life easier, in terms of placement, to turn this sucker around. I'll find a way to give it a good corner.

Put the mouth about a foot from the wall facing the wall.  Put the driver opening towards the adjacent wall about 2" away.

• 3 weeks later...

Fired up our new 21" Table Tuba's with 10" drivers yesterday for the first time,once the LaScalla's are back together will stack them and see about dialing them in. It is amazing how good these sub horns sound,effortless deep solid bass.

If the Lascalas are apart, what are you listening to them with?

Just for the sake of some mids and highs wired in the modified K400's. Played with an electronic crossover a little now really anxious to get the finish on the subs and wire up the stacks.

We have been without this room for near 7 yrs really missed using this equipment. The wife enjoys hearing it again the whole house comes alive while exercising the voice coils.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tuba's are done and wired the LaScalla'a as well and sitting on top of the Tuba's. The LaScalla's are now crossed for just the mids and highs fed by a Peavey 125wpc the Tuba's are fed with SoundCraftsman 250wpc. The room is 24x32 concrete floor open beam ceiling. This setup played in the 80 to 90 db. range will change bodily function. So far everybody has walked away in total amazement.

The LaScalla's with Modified K400's sound so much better not having to contend with sub base duties.

• Like 1

I have a Hafler power amp as well maybe I will play around with amps one of these days,it is hard to imagine it sounding any better. A sound engineer friend is stopping by one of these days he wants to listen to some music certain he will have something to say.