Klipsch, if you make a new RSW-15 or better....

Shodrewken

Gorm, how are those eD A7's treating ya?

I ended up taking them out of the box and putting a 13" into 2 boxes I bought from parts express. Then split them up on each side of the theater up front.

Awesomeness! Although not sure what to do with the old box. Its huge and heavy.

I had a rt-10D, it was pretty good, pretty musical. Just the 10" i felt was to small to move the amount of air i wanted it too.
I could say the same for the LF-10 that I had. I LOVED the sound of that sub. It just wasn't enough in a bigger room.

I had a rt-10D, it was pretty good, pretty musical. Just the 10" i felt was to small to move the amount of air i wanted it too.

My pair of RT-10d's sound fantastic with music and complement my Revel B15 and SVS SB-13 Plus with HT, but they would never alone have the impact for HT that I "need".

Bill 

...The RSW 15 is good for movies but find it a bit muddy for music IMHO, looks great though.

I saw this post and thought, "WTF" but given you have one of those horn-loaded subs I can see where compared to it you came to that conclusion...That said, the RSW-15  may not go as low as some other $2,000 subs but for music I can't imagine a cleaner/louder sub except one that is horn loaded.

• Like 1

for music I can't imagine a cleaner/louder sub except one that is horn loaded.

I have to totally agree.  

If many are like me, I listen to music 10 to 1 over watching movies.  Not because I prefer music over a good movie, but a movie is usually a minimum of 1:45 commitment while a quality music listening session can only be about :15 commitment if you want it to.  Cleaner low/midbass is where the rubber hits the road in most applications and where the RSW-15 excels.

None of the subs that I own(Revel B15, SVS SB13 Plus, RT-10d's, RSW-10d) will hit 15Hz with any audible impact(if at all) but from 18Hz(audible for B15, SB13) and 25Hz(audible for RT-10d, RSW-10d), these subs make for some incredible fun for movies and some serious punch for music.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2

for music I can't imagine a cleaner/louder sub except one that is horn loaded.

I have to totally agree.  

If many are like me, I listen to music 10 to 1 over watching movies.  Not because I prefer music over a good movie, but a movie is usually a minimum of 1:45 commitment while a quality music listening session can only be about :15 commitment if you want it too.  Cleaner low/midbass is where the rubber hits the road in most applications and where the RSW-15 excels.

None of the subs that I own(Revel B15, SVS SB13 Plus, RT-10d's, RSW-10d) will hit 15Hz with any audible impact(if at all) but from 18Hz(audible for B15, SB13) and 25Hz(audible for RT-10d, RSW-10d), these subs make for some incredible fun for movies and some serious punch for music.

Bill

Well said Bill!

...If many are like me, I listen to music 10 to 1 over watching movies.  Not because I prefer music over a good movie, but a movie is usually a minimum of 1:45 commitment while a quality music listening session can only be about :15 commitment if you want it to.  Cleaner low/midbass is where the rubber hits the road in most applications and where the RSW-15 excels.

Bill

Hey Bill--If you are talking time commitment, I must say I listen to Music to Movie ratio about 10 to 1  as well, but spend a good 2 to 3 hours every night doing so. :emotion-22:

That said, I have an RSW-12 and RSW-15 and think they use the same preamp/amp combination and will HATE when either one dies and still want to know if they still have them available?  Of course, I could call Klipsch but they are still working and was just looking for a heads up.

Edited by tkdamerica

I love my RSW-15 and I have another one on the line. Why are the great deals always 6 hours away and discontinued!

I would be curious if Klipsch still has the Preamp/amp available for the RSW-15 and RSW-12--Anyone know?

I know there is a company on eBay that is repairing them for something like $165.

A horn loaded sub may compliment Heritage and some other horn loaded speakers.  As far as direct radiator subs, many of the subs have very low distortion and sound excellent with music.  I personally believe most subs sound the same under 50 Hz , horn loaded or direct radiator.  The care involved in the setup is a key point in how a sub sounds with music.

...The RSW 15 is good for movies but find it a bit muddy for music IMHO, looks great though.

I saw this post and thought, "WTF" but given you have one of those horn-loaded subs I can see where compared to it you came to that conclusion...That said, the RSW-15  may not go as low as some other $2,000 subs but for music I can't imagine a cleaner/louder sub except one that is horn loaded.

I actually don't know anything about horn-loaded subs,but after writing this found you make Bill's designs and must say you do beautiful work.

• Like 1

A horn loaded sub may compliment Heritage and some other horn loaded speakers.  As far as direct radiator subs, many of the subs have very low distortion and sound excellent with music.  I personally believe most subs sound the same under 50 Hz , horn loaded or direct radiator.  The care involved in the setup is a key point in how a sub sounds with music.

Horn loaded subs blend well with any speaker, does not need to be horn loaded.

Horn loading reduces the distortion of any driver, lower distortion=better sound.

I actually don't know anything about horn-loaded subs,but after writing this found you make Bill's designs and must say you do beautiful work.

Thank you for your kind words.

I take pride in my work and can build just about anything if i put my mind to it.

so then... when will Klipsch release a Horn loaded or tuba sub for mass consumption?

I think they should also consider selling flat stacks for enthusiasts and home builders that could be stocked for immediate shipment and bare no warrantied or legal relationship to existing product lines.

• Like 1

My pair of RT-10d's sound fantastic with music and complement my Revel B15 and SVS SB-13 Plus with HT, but they would never alone have the impact for HT that I "need".

Bill I had the same exact problem when I owned the RT-12d. now it was an amazing sub and I only had 1 but my space was smaller as it was before we had our custom home built. In the smaller space it definitely sounded great but what we have come to experience and expect from home theater bass just couldn’t be had with the RT12d and I don’t think even 2 of them would have brought that impact I had with the THX ultra-subs. Even the 4 of them had their drawbacks but they were the best subwoofers I have ever owned. I haven’t heard their KPT subs but I have no doubt they are great. Just not WAF by any means lol. I also had an RSW10d and I wish I never ever gave that to my father. I would love to have it in my 2 channel Lascala setup now. I wouldn’t be suprsied if Klipsch new line of speakers has a new 15” sub in the mix that is up to par with some of the other more notable subs in the $2,000 price point as the PB-ultra 13 is.

Bill

Bill I had the same exact problem when I owned the RT-12d. now it was an amazing sub and I only had 1 but my space was smaller as it was before we had our custom home built. In the smaller space it definitely sounded great but what we have come to experience and expect from home theater bass just couldn’t be had with the RT12d and I don’t think even 2 of them would have brought that impact I had with the THX ultra-subs. Even the 4 of them had their drawbacks but they were the best subwoofers I have ever owned. I haven’t heard their KPT subs but I have no doubt they are great. Just not WAF by any means lol. I also had an RSW10d and I wish I never ever gave that to my father. I would love to have it in my 2 channel Lascala setup now. I wouldn’t be suprsied if Klipsch new line of speakers has a new 15” sub in the mix that is up to par with some of the other more notable subs in the $2,000 price point as the PB-ultra 13 is.

Bill

The drawback of the PB-13 Ultra is once you start plugging the ports to tune the subwoofer to your liking you get unwanted port noise added to your sound, not bad at low levels but once you start throwing down some power it becomes very noticeable.

My mistake, i see you were referring to the SB-13 and not the PB-13.

Edited by jason str

I completely understand what you mean Jason and I wholeheartedly agree. I experienced the same thing with the KW-120s with some content even after they were tuned to 20hz you can hear port noise at volumes reaching towards reference and it is very distracting. The same goes for the PB-13. The new subwoofers I have ordered should have no problem but for the sake of this topic I agree with you 100%. Great for non-enthusiast that seek only the very best at the very loudest.

Bill I had the same exact problem when I owned the RT-12d. now it was an amazing sub and I only had 1 but my space was smaller as it was before we had our custom home built.

Michael,

It was never a problem for me because I bought Youthman's RT-10d twins after I had owned the B15 and SB13+ for some time.  I decided to get the RT-10d's for three reasons, they are drop dead gorgeous, they added a very symmetrical touch to the front of the room , and they added a wonderful balance to the RF-63's for music.  The fact that they also offered some really nice thrust for action movies was an added bonus that I did not really expect.

Bill

Edited by willland

My pair of RT-10d's sound fantastic with music and complement my Revel B15 and SVS SB-13 Plus with HT, but they would never alone have the impact for HT that I "need". Bill I had the same exact problem when I owned the RT-12d. now it was an amazing sub and I only had 1 but my space was smaller as it was before we had our custom home built.

l

Michael,

It was never a problem for me because I bought Youthman's RT-10d twins after I had owned the B15 and SB13+ for some time. I decided to get the RT-10d's for three reasons, they are drop dead gorgeous, they added a very symmetrical touch to the front of the room , and they added a wonderful balance to the RF-63's for music. The fact that they also offered some really nice thrust for action movies was an added bonus that I did not really expect.

Bill

I may have misunderstood but I thought you meant they didn’t offer the impact you needed do you use only these 2 in your setup Bill

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch