Amp shopping

minermark

Current system is Tube 70Wpc on the Mids and highs.

QSC SS 500Wpc on the Bass units.

System is Active Bi-amped.

Next week second QSC will be in, and will then double bass unit output to 1000Wpc.

Right now the tuber and the Bass keep up with each other, im sure i will need more power to the Mids after mono blocking the Bass next week.

So im thinking going Mono block with the Mids/highs, question is just exactly what amp(s) ? 

Im a week ahead of the game right now, so thinking/shopping is in order here.

Now some thoughts have come to mind, next week i will have monoblocked Bass w/Qsc units.

I could buy two more QSC units and just go with a total SS system, 1kwpc Bass, and 1Kwpc Mid/Highs.

By the way, this is the first pic of the current system, you can now see where i placed the Klipsch K400 horns.

(the wife complained she missed the horn sound).

It was well worth the sacrifice of one 8" EAW mid driver, the horn addition was a perfect match. (Angled down 8 degrees).

Any thoughts, i will take under advisement and thank you.

post-57941-0-97800000-1408803025_thumb.j

post-57941-0-12240000-1408803433_thumb.j

SS on the mid highs will be a waste, I dont think you will find more speed on the bass by using monos as opposed to stereo amp.  My first advice would be to try b-4 you buy anything,

Then set back and listen for anything you feel is missing or is to present / obnoxious,  come back with that and we will be more able to help

I am personally a fan of SET amps but I doubt you will be as they are not really meant for LOUD  :D  (that does not mean they wont play loud, it just means they are more for relaxed listening, From your posts it just seems you like it  LOUD :P 

• Like 1

Each stack is factory tuned for 2K, yep it's pro equip, and iv been learning along the way.

This is almost like starting out fresh again, stacks are at least dialed in, horn, mid, bass just cannot get any better, EAW tech support was outstanding to say the least, told them about trashing one of their mid drivers and replacing it with a K400, they sent me a two way crossover mod for their unit (Caps), 20bucks.

A lot of EAW techs are playing with their systems also.

Did have the thought when my next Amp comes in next week to replace my tuber with it, and play that for a day.