FS: Klipsch RF-82ii Brand new!

Thejtl

I picked these up from an online retailer about two weeks ago and they just aren't working in my space the way I hoped. Shipping them back would be crazy expensive, so I'm hoping to pass them on to someone local or local-ish. I'd be willing to dive a little ways to meet someone if interested.

I still have the boxes, etc and would ship if buyer pays.

$850

I'm in Iowa City, IA.

2014-08-19220113_zpsf70a6038.jpg

2014-08-19220025_zps99b917e5.jpg

Edited by Thejtl

Maybe tell us more why they don't sound right and you will get advice on how to make them sound better.  They are some darn good speakers.  What size room, how close to the wall and how far apart, to bright, ect.  If I am on the wrong track, GLWS. :)

Edited by derrickdj1

They're about 7 feet apart, toed in slightly, about 18" from the wall. Part of the problem is I'm getting some wife negative feedback, and that's gotta be a consideration, honestly. The other issue is more sound-related, i guess. They are more aggressive and bright than I had hoped. I recently had a chance to get a fantastic vintage SS amp (Accuphase E-202) and the 82s just don't seem like the right match for it.

Edited by Thejtl

Are you sure you don't want to try a different amp before you let them go?

The Accuphase is kind of a Holy Grail of vintage solid state amps. It's the kind of amp I've wanted really my whole life.

I think the 82ii are really well suited for a HT setup being driven by a modern AVR. I've found that vintage amps with a little more oomph seem to bring out the aggressive nature of the speakers. I have a feeling they're voice with modern AVRs  and amps in mind and I don't doubt that they'd sound perfect--punchy, direct--paired with something like that. this is something I couldn't have known until I got them in house with my set up. Looking like it's going to be an expensive error.