Belle klipsch

kurtwilson2426

Maybe that's another reason why I asked the seller to add a price.  Hope it works out for you Alex.

I'm not interested in the belles, just trying to gather more info for my fellow klipsch members;)

There still available as of yesterday and he has returned my text. He send me a pic of the serial number sticker but it was completely faded and I could not read anything. He's only responding through text and pretty much refused to speak to me on phone. He says he knows nothing about them and he's not original owner. Must have acquired them some how.

e's only responding through text and pretty much refused to speak to me on phone.

There is something wrong with that. :unsure:   I refuse to deal with anyone on Craigslist unless we have some kind of voice dialog.  Feel them out, establish trust.  On the forum and Audiogon it is usually not a problem having a phone conversation.

Bill

Edited by willland

e's only responding through text and pretty much refused to speak to me on phone.

There is something wrong with that. :unsure:   I refuse to deal with anyone on Craigslist unless we have some kind of voice dialog.  Feel them out, establish trust.  On the forum and Audiogon it is usually not a problem having a phone conversation.

Bill

Totally agree. 

Thanks for the work guys. For the record, I agree with everything Youthman stated. I have never been a fan of the auction listing in a forum like this. This is why.

For the record I don't care for auction type listings either but that doesn't give me the right to give someone the impression that they must list a for sale price when their are no rules to do so.

I honestly don't see how for example someone who isn't sure of the value of an item and wants to take offers should be looked at as more risky than someone who knows the going rate and list it for that price. A thief is a thief and as a matter of fact they would IMHO more likely use the method of under pricing an item because people get more careless when they think they are getting a "to good to be true deal". 

I can assure everyone that whether something has a "list price" or a "make me an offer" it is not a guarantee of the honesty of a seller nor is the amount of posts a seller might have on the forum a guarantee of honesty.....and yes I have bought a "list priced" item from a member with many years and post on this forum that didn't go as promised..!!!!

Maybe some rules for listing items for sale here would be a good thing and minimize some risk for the buyers but it is never going to be risk free. 

miketn  

• Moderators
that doesn't give me the right to give someone the impression that they must list a for sale price when their are no rules to do so.

We ask that members post an asking price as opposed to a make an offer type listing.

How exactly does "We ask" give the impression that "they must" list a for sale price?  I don't recall making any demands of the seller.   Sounds to me like it's a request, not a demand as you suggest. 

I can assure everyone that whether something has a "list price" or a "make me an offer" it is not a guarantee of the honesty of a seller nor is the amount of posts a seller might have on the forum a guarantee of honesty

I agree wholeheartedly.  It is the buyer's responsibility to feel out the seller to see if the deal appears to be on the up and up.  I too prefer to discuss over the phone as you can generally get a feel for the seller to see if everything seems to be legit.  But even then, sometimes you can still get burned.

mikebse2a3, on 29 Aug 2014 - 8:25 PM, said: that doesn't give me the right to give someone the impression that they must list a for sale price when their are no rules to do so. Youthman, on 26 Aug 2014 - 1:33 PM, said: We ask that members post an asking price as opposed to a make an offer type listing. How exactly does "We ask" give the impression that "they must" list a for sale price? I don't recall making any demands of the seller. Sounds to me like it's a request, not a demand as you suggest.

Hey Youthman please reread what I wrote.......I did not say you made a "demand" but can you not see how you being a moderator and telling them that "We ask that members post an asking price" could make someone feel that they must use an asking price especially if they are new to the forum?

Anyway I've tried to make my point and it looks like I've failed so I'm going to let this go.

Thanks,

miketn

• Moderators
I did not say you made a "demand" but can you not see how you being a moderator and telling them that "We ask that members post an asking price" could make someone feel that they must use an asking price especially if they are new to the forum?

Nope.  ;)

Anyway I've tried to make my point and it looks like I've failed so I'm going to let this go.

giphy.gif

Sorry, with 3 daughters, I couldn't resist.  :D