Klipsch CF -4 Floor Standing Cherry Speakers

Lauren

Klipsch CF-4 Speakers, Version 1,

Year-1994. I am the original owner and these speakers have barely been used, but loved immensely when I have had the time. Mechanically Excellent. A few blemishes. They do look very nice. The only 2 things missing are the Klipsch emblems and the stands for the foot pegs. Asking $1,200 OBO + Shipping. They are located in Endwell, New York.

post-58866-0-13800000-1409103016_thumb.j

post-58866-0-78680000-1409103059_thumb.j

post-58866-0-69720000-1409103076_thumb.j

• Like 1

The only 2 things missing are the Klipsch emblems and the stands for the foot pegs.

Sadly, the emblem and the foot pegs are where the value is; but, good luck with the sale.  If they don’t sell quickly, come up with a hard luck story. People are suckers for a good story.

Cherry is beautiful … I have a red cherry guitar that’s looks incredible.  Seriously, good luck with the sale. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

The only 2 things missing are the Klipsch emblems and the stands for the foot pegs.

Sadly, the emblem and the foot pegs are where the value is; but, good luck with the sale.  If they don’t sell quickly, come up with a hard luck story. People are suckers for a good story.

Cherry is beautiful … I have a red cherry guitar that’s looks incredible.  Seriously, good luck with the sale. 

Not sure what you mean by the value in the emblem and pegs?  The circular pegs are in the bottom of them.  What I was trying to say is the flat pieces that go under them. 

We need Moray James for this story.  :)

The story is the Version 1 was widely accepted by new consumers, but traditional Klipsch owners were very critical because they did not sound "Klipsch-like."  So Klipsch changed them, and the sound was not as good, to many ears.

The Version 1 has a 5" long port, the other versions are 3". 

post-58280-0-87680000-1409149325_thumb.j

I also think the Version 1 has a grey-ish looking horn,  I have one, but they all look black to me. 

post-58280-0-46720000-1409149503_thumb.j

post-58280-0-01200000-1409149885_thumb.j

You can also identify them by their serial numbers.  1994 was Version 1 in a 3-year run of this model.

post-58280-0-61000000-1409149989_thumb.j

1984-1989(?) YY WW #### (89281234)

1990-1997(?) DOY Y2Y1 #### (135791234)

DOY= day of the year
Y2Y1=2nd digit of year, 1st digit of year

Edited by wvu80

Not sure what you mean by the value in the emblem and pegs?  The circular pegs are in the bottom of them.  What I was trying to say is the flat pieces that go under them. 

it was a joke.

• Like 1

it was a joke.

I got ya.  Lol.  I started laughing.  I needed that.  Thank you. 

• Like 1