Pioneer SC-1523-K video issues

K5SS

I started a thread over on AVS but this is my main audio forum.

I have had a Pioneer SC-1523-K sitting in a box for a few months untouched. I purchased it off Amazon so I hope I am not up the creek without a paddle.. 

I unplugged a Pioneer VSX-50 receiver that was working perfectly and plugged in the SC-1523. I got audio from BD and my HD cable box but no picture. The BD would flash off and on but would never stay on. I messed around with the video settings and got the 720P ans 4K video settings to work. 

I do not like the picture of the 720P setting and the 4K setting is very dull. 

The setup consists of:

HDMI 1 from my LED TV to receiver out 1. 

Cable is plugged into CBL/SAT and into cable box

BD is plugged into BD on the receiver and into the BD player.

The cables are all matching $40 hi speed/3D HDMI cables. 

Any insight from the brilliant minds of this forum? The dull picture from the 4K video setting is making me crazy but at least i have a picture..

I am also worried about sending it back since I bought it from Amazon. This is my 4th high-end Pioneer receiver, no issues for any of the previous models. 

Please help! 

• Like 1

Yes, the D3 amps sound very good, and the model you have has the Sabre DAC in it as well. Nice set-up.

As far as HDMI cables go I have never had any issue with the Monoprice cables. Very inexpensive and well made. Price does not seem to be much of an indicator for quality. Same goes for USB cables.