Passing down a legacy to our young ones

Scrappydue

Im outta likes at the moment or that pick would get one! That is a picture your boy will look at many years from now and appreciate the treasure trove of times with his dad! that's awesome! great pic!

thanks beek. he sure loves hanging out with me and helping. we have been having a blast since he got back from his month long vacation in oregon with my wifes family. i am cherishing all this time while i can. 

I know you hear it. They do grow so fast. Its awesome to see time done well. Time with our kids is the finest choice possible. Kids are just the best. Regardless how we look at it they are the better and more improved us. Or at least that's my theory. Great topic. If I could figure it out id post a video of my kid in a play. She is hilarious. She was recently the restaraunt owner in footloose semi locally and had the crowd laughing histerically. Every day its something else or something new with kids.

• Like 2

I know you hear it. They do grow so fast. Its awesome to see time done well. Time with our kids is the finest choice possible. Kids are just the best. Regardless how we look at it they are the better and more improved us. Or at least that's my theory. Great topic. If I could figure it out id post a video of my kid in a play. She is hilarious. She was recently the restaraunt owner in footloose semi locally and had the crowd laughing histerically. Every day its something else or something new with kids.

youtube! then link it!

• Moderators
Scrappydue, on 29 Aug 2014 - 11:24 AM, said: AND OF COURSE LIKE FATHER LIKE SON.......

Very nice Scrappy The one of you and Mini Scrappy is the best. Nice pictures :emotion-21:

i am cherishing all this time while i can.

Great idea because before you know it he will grown up.

Edited by dtel

I used to be a "youngish" one.  Though my interest in audio was influenced by the fact my dad was in a cover band - I latched onto home audio myself.  My mom fueled that appreciation/addiction when she bought me my towers when I was 12.  Never looked back since - they remain the best in the house.

Im about 40 now ...

Glad to hear you aren't really 99, beeker (see bio) ...

Edited by Garyrc
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Ok, so here is the Evolution of my son's audio setup that started when he was 11yrs old.

B&W DM602 - $200

Parasound P/LD-1100 Pre Pro - FREE

Integra DPS-5 DVD Player - FREE

Rotel RB-960BX (60x2) Amp - FREE

19" TV - $200 - (Son bought with his own money at 11yrs old)

PS2 (Son bought with his own money from GameStop at 11yrs old)

BW602s.jpg

B&W sounded great but definitely not enough bass for a teenager.  Sold the B&W and upgraded to Klipsch CF-2 Oak.  Purchased them from a forum member for $225

CF-2_1.jpg

Bought a pair of almost mint pair of RF-7 for $400 which REALLY improved his setup, especially in the bass and a free entertainment center.

Sold the Integra DVD player and replaced it with a Marantz DVD Player

Jake-Room-Before.jpg

Bought an RC-7 for $200 and added to his setup.  He didn't "need" an RC-7 but at that price, it was a no brainer to buy. 

We bought him a budget 32" TV and budget bluray player on Black Friday for super cheap and gave it to him for Christmas.

Replaced the Parasound Pre Pro with a Yamaha RX-V1700 since the Parasound was only 2ch.

Klipsch-RF-7-and-RC-7-Bedroom1.jpg

Scored this Complete RF-7ii System (Best Deal of My Life) and upgraded his center to the RC-64ii and the RC-7 is now being used in Wakejunkie's setup.

Klipsch-RF-7-and-RC-64ii-2.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-and-RC-64ii-1.jpg

And as you can tell, even at 15yrs old, my son still loves superheroes and comics.

Jake-Room-Comics.jpg

I posted the prices of the deals I got just in case you think my son is a spoiled kid.  LOL  The way you see his room is EXACTLY the way it always stays.  I have never once asked him to clean his room because he ALWAYS keeps it clean.  That's why I can trust him with RC-7's and the RC-64ii.

Needless to say, my son's system at 11 blew away my setup until I was in my 30's.  :P

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 3

Great topic Scrappydue and great pics to all. My wife and I have kids and grandkids living with us. I set both my daughters up with small systems in there room. Not worth posting pics just some old gear I had. They don't appreciate fine audio :-) Now when mom & dad start to turn on the Carvers and powering up the subs, all kids will vacate the premises because there is not a place in the house that the Klipsch can't be felt .... lol lol.... Now if you look at my profile pic that is my youngest daughter Emma some 17+ years ago. We would find her sitting in the LaScala's when we would play music, we couldn't keep her out of them. She is 20 now and wants no part of dads "wall-o-speakers" That's what the kids call it. Take care all :-)

• Moderators

Our Grandson, standing by the Klipsch museum in Hope, also sitting on the door to the Anechoic chamber. This was in 2010, he is 14 now.  He has been to three pilgrimages and two klipsch tours of the plant, one of our Granddaughters has been to one Pilgrimage also.

They all listen to music, whether they want to or not :o but they love it. My daughter came inside and got me the other day and said come see quick, Rylee who is 8 was sitting outside singing "get up stand up, stand up for your rights" :D  :wub:   Her bigger sister Allie 13 loves Bob Marley and reggae music, don't know where they got that from ? All of our kids and now there kids have grown up with music since they were born, I don't care if they get into audio as long as they get into music. :emotion-21:  

post-9700-0-89680000-1409372802_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-94920000-1409372818_thumb.jp

• Like 3

• Moderators
Ok, so here is the Evolution of my son's audio setup that started when he was 11yrs old.

You do realize he is ruined, he will never be happy with 'average audio" the rest of his life. Good for him !

• Moderators

It's way more than one, but music is one he will keep even when he thinks dad is just an old buzzard and don't know whet he talking about anymore. :D

Anyway all you can do is try, at some point it's up to them and all you can do is hope for the best and that at least some ideas may have stuck.

These are great stories and pictures. My daughter drools over our systems when she comes to visit and grew up with great sound. Right now her husband is overseas in the military, but should be back in the states within a year or so. I've set aside enough Klipsch and electronics to get 'em started with a fine system as soon as they are stateside again and can't wait to give it to them!

• Like 2

Both of my children now have Klipsch 5.1 systems in their homes and they both do appreciate good sound. Son 23, daughter 21
how about some pics of their setups at least? i wanna see pics! like getting to know all my klipsch brothers

Okay, here ya go scrap! Homework complete.

Daughter and son-in-law first 5.1  Quintet II system just setup a little over a month ago in her apartment.

post-53898-0-47040000-1409466047_thumb.j

Sons KG system. The 5.5s are awesome sounding.

post-53898-0-02120000-1409466123_thumb.j

My RF 82ii 5.2 system

post-53898-0-48440000-1409466438_thumb.j

• Like 1