Louisiana Stomp Romp

thebes

The Meters and the Wild Tchoupitoulas are two of my favorites.  I have a group of Happy Hour friends into music as well. Well we went to our favorite happy hour joint before a Buckwheat show at a very intimate venue here in Pittsburgh, Rosebud if anyone know it. It's no longer here, unfortunately. So we were a little tuned up before the show and made it to the front of the stage. So here I am kind of rocking back and forth about five feet away from him. He stops the show for a minute to ask my why are my feet moving so slow. I still hear about it today. I saw him recently, he still performs, but only fronts a few songs, at his age I'm surprised any actually. Still one of my favorite live performances.

The Meters and the Wild Tchoupitoulas are two of my favorites.  I have a group of Happy Hour friends into music as well. Well we went to our favorite happy hour joint before a Buckwheat show at a very intimate venue here in Pittsburgh, Rosebud if anyone know it. It's no longer here, unfortunately. So we were a little tuned up before the show and made it to the front of the stage. So here I am kind of rocking back and forth about five feet away from him. He stops the show for a minute to ask my why are my feet moving so slow. I still hear about it today. I saw him recently, he still performs, but only fronts a few songs, at his age I'm surprised any actually. Still one of my favorite live performances.

Great story!

Neville Brothers compilation, "Treacherous, A History of the Neville Brothers, Disc 2

• Moderators

Rockin Dopsie & the Zydeco Twisters,  Everybody Scream

I know for sure you have this Thebes.

I went to cut my sisters grass, 2.5 hours I ride the tractor with headphones playing this from a phone. I haven't heard it in a while and couldn't turn it off the whole time, have never done this before with anything. If this don't get your feet tapping and make you want to move, go see a doctor ! 

Thank You Thebes.

post-9700-0-19520000-1409958146_thumb.jp