Stagnant Post Counts

I was looking at some old threads and noticed I had the same post count.  It has stayed the same for over 9 or 10 months.  Maybe longer. 

are you a time traveller?  any chance you could have crossed the einstein/rosen/podolsky bridge into an alternate dimension? look around and see if your doppleganger is in the area--he’ll get you banned from this site. 

• Like 1

I was looking at some old threads and noticed I had the same post count.  It has stayed the same for over 9 or 10 months.  Maybe longer. 

are you a time traveller?  any chance you could have crossed the einstein/rosen/podolsky bridge into an alternate dimension? look around and see if your doppleganger is in the area--he’ll get you banned from this site. 

I don't know about time traveler; however, I sure would like a bottle of whatever it is he is drinking for the holiday weekend. After all, he is posting in the garage sale forum.  :emotion-22:  :emotion-46:  :emotion-19:

• Like 2

Maybe there was a hiccup with the post count duing the data transfer to this new forum?

I wasn’t sure what Derrick may have specifically been looking at; however, I have noticed most of the other ‘glitches’ that people have posted about (i.e. loss of white space break between paragraphs again), but could not figure out this one. 

Here is a quick and simple test.  I took a snap shot of an old post made by Derrick from 2011 and a snap shot of the first post by Derrick on this thread.  Both posts have post counts that are equal; therefore, it would seem reasonable to conclude that Derrick’s old posts are updating to his current post count. 

For the test, when Derrick logs on today and makes a new post, we can compare Derrick’s actual post count on this page and to the 2011 post in the link to the respective pictures to see if the count changes or stays the same as in the pictures.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/130671-the-right-speakers-for-the-system/

derrickdj1 Stagnant Post Counts post.jpg

derrickdj1 10-13-2011 post.jpg

post-36163-0-15320000-1409396189_thumb.j

post-36163-0-58720000-1409396220_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd

• Moderators
when Derrick logs on today and makes a new post, we can compare Derrick’s actual post count on this page and to the 2011 post in the link to the respective pictures to see if the count changes or stays the same as in the pictures.

Your post count will remain the same on every post that you have ever made.  It does not show how many posts you had when you made that post, it shows how many cumulative posts you have had since you joined.

when Derrick logs on today and makes a new post, we can compare Derrick’s actual post count on this page and to the 2011 post in the link to the respective pictures to see if the count changes or stays the same as in the pictures.

Your post count will remain the same on every post that you have ever made.  It does not show how many posts you had when you made that post, it shows how many cumulative posts you have had since you joined.

I understand that aspect and the test is designed to confirm that you can go back to every post and see the count is no longer the same as the snap shot of 4,658 as his next post should update the counter to a cumulative total of 4,659.  It was just not clear as to what he was specifically looking at and why he thought it has not changed since last fall.