Random Cornwall items

ryanm84

When I refurb'd my Cornwall Is, I made extra bases and grille blanks. The grilles are Masonite (1/8") and currently unpainted. The bases are 3/4" ply, 2 1/2" high, 23 1/2" wide, and 14" deep (based on my original Cornwall I base) with corners connected via pocket screws. I am in the process of veneering one base in walnut for me and could easily veneer the second pair. I don't do this for a business and it's a shame to just toss parts...so I 'm only looking for actual shipping. Msg me if interested.

Grilles

grilles1_zps103ce584.jpg

Base

base_zps6dbe5604.jpg

I don't know if I have enough veneer to do the grilles. I thought about it while taking the pics.

**edited to say that I actually do have just enough. Not sure well veneer would work on a thin piece like Masonite. I would worry about flexing weakening the bond**

Edited by ryanm84

I never even thought about it until I saw your pictures of naked grills... I think that might be a good idea for some, veneered grill covers.

Masonite does flex, it might need to be of something more sturdy.

Edited by Schu

• 2 weeks later...

After receiving the grille blanks and discovering two more pairs of older grilles at home (in this ridiculous apparently un-inventoried) warehouse of speaker parts, Ryan was kind enough to forego reimbursement of shipping charges with the caveat that I pay it forward. I promise you that some Klipsch fan will soon be recipient of a bonus here at the House of Klipsch. Perhaps someone starting out with some Cornwalls (which were my first ever Klipsch purchase).  Thanks Ryan!  

• 2 weeks later...