What speaker cable for Cornwall III ?

MarioRuoppolo

Hi all,

this is my first Topic. I'm a very happy owner of a couple of Cornwall III. Now I'm looking for a good speaker cable that will be able to drive them in the best way. I know that Cornwall III might be driven by very cheap cables and I'm of quite opened mind to accept a simple and cheap electrician cable.

So, what speaker cable would you suggest me for this fantastic loudspeaker?

Thanks in advance

Bye

Fabio

• Like 3

MIT:

http://www.mitcables.com/available-online/speaker-interfaces/$10000-+/oracle-v1.3-hr-bi-wire-speaker-cable.html

Oracle V1.3 HR Bi-Wire Speaker Cable
$44,999.00

Still looking for the most natural and lifelike sound reproduction? Most audiophiles would compare the audible improvement of the Fractional Articulation Technology (F.A.T.) to an upgrade of loudspeakers or other components. Even more are surprised to discover that installing MIT’s HR interfaces will return more of a system upgrade for less money than the usual component upgrade. Why? Because "just cable" is an inefficient, single articulation pole low-pass filter and is extremely inefficient at transporting power equally across the entire audio bandwidth. MIT’s Generation 3 HR speaker interfaces with Multipole™ Technology are built using the proven 2C3D technology platform.

• 81 Articulation Poles, 106 Articulation Poles in HR Mode
  • Unprecedented dimensionality.
  • A deep, naturally black background provides for excellent contrast between the vocals and instruments.
  • Best in class Generation 3 Technology retains the tonal complexity and natural harmonic structure of the audio signal.
  • Fractional Articulation Technology reveals the music that exists within each octave down to the minutest detail, adding to the texture and density of the musical experience.

MIT:   http://www.mitcables...aker-cable.html   Oracle V1.3 HR Bi-Wire Speaker Cable $44,999.00   Still looking for the most natural and lifelike sound reproduction? Most audiophiles would compare the audible improvement of the Fractional Articulation Technology (F.A.T.) to an upgrade of loudspeakers or other components. Even more are surprised to discover that installing MIT’s HR interfaces will return more of a system upgrade for less money than the usual component upgrade. Why? Because "just cable" is an inefficient, single articulation pole low-pass filter and is extremely inefficient at transporting power equally across the entire audio bandwidth. MIT’s Generation 3 HR speaker interfaces with Multipole™ Technology are built using the proven 2C3D technology platform. 81 Articulation Poles, 106 Articulation Poles in HR Mode Unprecedented dimensionality. A deep, naturally black background provides for excellent contrast between the vocals and instruments. Best in class Generation 3 Technology retains the tonal complexity and natural harmonic structure of the audio signal. Fractional Articulation Technology reveals the music that exists within each octave down to the minutest detail, adding to the texture and density of the musical experience.
Fabio, I hope you didn't take one bit of this nonsense seriously! The poster should not have tried to mislead you, or to be a jokester with someone new to the forum!
  • Like 1

MIT:

http://www.mitcables.com/available-online/speaker-interfaces/$10000-+/oracle-v1.3-hr-bi-wire-speaker-cable.html

Oracle V1.3 HR Bi-Wire Speaker Cable

$44,999.00

Still looking for the most natural and lifelike sound reproduction? Most audiophiles would compare the audible improvement of the Fractional Articulation Technology (F.A.T.) to an upgrade of loudspeakers or other components. Even more are surprised to discover that installing MIT’s HR interfaces will return more of a system upgrade for less money than the usual component upgrade. Why? Because "just cable" is an inefficient, single articulation pole low-pass filter and is extremely inefficient at transporting power equally across the entire audio bandwidth. MIT’s Generation 3 HR speaker interfaces with Multipole™ Technology are built using the proven 2C3D technology platform.

• 81 Articulation Poles, 106 Articulation Poles in HR Mode
  • Unprecedented dimensionality.
  • A deep, naturally black background provides for excellent contrast between the vocals and instruments.
  • Best in class Generation 3 Technology retains the tonal complexity and natural harmonic structure of the audio signal.
  • Fractional Articulation Technology reveals the music that exists within each octave down to the minutest detail, adding to the texture and density of the musical experience.

??? AAHAHAHA

Welcome to the forum Fabio.  Where are you located? 

Italy (Milan)

I'm not sure what's available there and shipping from the US would not be cost effective.  Look for a decent oxygen free copper wire and you should be good to go.  Most people use 12 or 14 ga.

• Like 1

Iv been using a test set of wires that the negative is smaller gauge than the positive wire.

Anyhow...grab what you have! then if your not happy grab a spool of non corrosive wire and double them up...As posted skys the limit...heck them for $44k are cheapos if you look around...many of the hi $ cable actually take some weeks or more to receive ..the hardware store can get them cw's up and going today. good luck on your hunt!

Just make sure both sides of wires are the same. And if long term they don't oxidize

• Like 2

I'm the only cable guy around here, well one of the few anyway. A solid copper core cable is always my choice. Audio Quest Type 2 or Type 4 sound very nice. Very affordable. Three bucks a foot.

Minor thread drift;  A question for the Cable Guy. Is solid 2-wire telephone cable any good for speakers?

+++

A member of another forum got p.o.'d at the cheap cable he had been getting, so he wrote to all the cable manufacturers in the US and asked for samples.  He said THIS is the best wire he heard.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/

• Like 1

Interesting. Cant say iv seen that wire before...there is countless wire out there

Im avoiding another wire war here although iv owned some mid/hi end cables and used cheap old 22gauge...they both played my sound okay...I make my own big fat speaker wire myself...I am trying a couple different samples a friend gave me with a setup but man for my personal favored setup my homade $50 wires on my mains sound really good. The 1/4 cables going to my rear surrounds cost about $275pr and my surround banana cables were $150pr and my center cable was $30shipped...

If somebody has $300,000 speakers and $425,000 amplifier they may want some movie star wires but if a guy wants to eat I say simply cut an extension cord and rock out

may have to hit the coffee and cables café tomorrow morn after this post

• Like 1

My post was obviously tongue in cheek, the OP seems to get it. :P  I personally use 12 GA monstercable with matching banana plugs, can get both pretty cheap on eBay. Good choice of speakers, use the bi-amp feature if possible.

I'm the only cable guy around here, well one of the few anyway. A solid copper core cable is always my choice. Audio Quest Type 2 or Type 4 sound very nice. Very affordable. Three bucks a foot.

Minor thread drift;  A question for the Cable Guy. Is solid 2-wire telephone cable any good for speakers?

+++

A member of another forum got p.o.'d at the cheap cable he had been getting, so he wrote to all the cable manufacturers in the US and asked for samples.  He said THIS is the best wire he heard.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/

Can't say anything about telephone cable, I have not tried it. The gauge seems small though. As for your "Kord" wire, that's stranded, not my favorite. Works in some systems but nothing I have sounds good with stranded. At 3 bucks a foot Type 2 is hard to beat.