Beeker

Turbox

Thinking back of the Muppetshow, it surprises me howmany of those characters actually live in my neighbourhood....

-there's my direct neighbour who looks like the skinny one of the "grumpy old men" [talks that way too]

-my mother-in-law stood model for miss piggy but older [much]

-one nephew of mine is the reincarnation of "Harry dynamite" , throwing firecrackers all year round, behaving just like him

-the creators of the Muppetshow took the father-in-law of my boss to create "Sam the eagle"... defenately.

And we saw "the Swedish chef" in a restaurant last weekend; my wife pooked me in the side and said "chicken-in-the-basket" with that funny accent while she turned her eyeballs to the direction of the kitchen...I nearly choked in my soup.

Romper Room

Oh no you poor thing, I guess that explains a lot. 

honestly the only thing i remember is that the show ending some lady was looking into some device and reading names of people that she claimed to see. 

Edited by BigStewMan

CEC Carl L the new mod here on the forum gave me my avatar when I joined 2 years ago now. I had a tarantula(tarantula represented soundstream car audio to me and meant something to me due to the tarantula amplifier and all the other killer soundstream audio I used in my teen years) as an avatar and everybody said it was freaky so I switched it.

My last name is beeker. Through the years I raced 1/8 scale rc cars and on the forums I always used(I think its actually spelled beaker) beakers pic with my name.

Anyhow the first time I put beaker/beeker on as an avatar I remember my ex wife and I laughing to death about the way he looked.

Now days on this forum(one of the only forums I use these days) iv gotten quite a few pm's mentioning how beaker/beeker was their favorite muppet and they always looked forward to the muppets just to see him.

Iv actually had to dig up old videos of him to understand him a bit more in the whole beeker perspective cause he was just a couple years before my time. He is a hoot lol I remember running around from high school through college people wanting or wondering about meeting me with my name.

Im actually just as unusual as the muppets beeker lol if you meet me you wont have any idea what im talking about haha cheers :lol:

• Like 3

Romper Room

Oh no you poor thing, I guess that explains a lot. 

honestly the only thing i remember is that the show ending some lady was looking into some device and reading names of people that she claimed to see. 

In the Dallas area, the lady was Miss Marylynn.    

Through the years I raced 1/8 scale rc cars

Which cars did you race.

I think its actually spelled beaker

Are you related to a Wesley Beaker, from Papillion NE. 

No relations as far as I know yet again beekers are rare.

I raced pro nitro buggy and truggy for team losi up right til truggy went south and only used for big pro races and then electric 1/8 scale got big or what I see now days. Also ran an L8 which was an 8th scale oval dirt track car. Even with sponsors it was very costly. I loved it. The people were great. I knew all the big racers like adam drake and still keep in touch with some fellas and their kids that race pro all over the world now.

I got to a point that my back could not take from hauling gear everywhere to the driving to races and being gone racing every weekend. Like I said people were great. It was an absolute blast. The big pro races would have up to 300+ entrys and last 3 days so you would show up early in the week and learn the track find a good setup and tires then get ready for qualifying.

Im glad to be not racing these days. It was great although it took so much of your time and the money would be tight at times for the average racer like myself or any big time pro for that matter. I still have some things but sold my main cars which are actually outdated now...raced til the losi 8 2.0 and 8t 2.0 came out...ran them for about a year then had to stop.

Keeping in touch with a few companys and racers iv considered running a car in the future again just not quite yet.

It just seemed appropriate Mark.

I used to love watching Fraggle Rock with my son.  The doozers were awesome.

absolutely.

yeah fraggle rock was what I watched...man it seems so much different as an adult now then when I was a kid. fraggle rocks the deal tho lol it needs a comeback

• Like 1