Klipsch RF-7 II Speakers Home

cjmustang69

Today was the day I was to meet Mike and pickup the RF-7 II speakers I had purchased on forum several weeks ago.  Mike and I met as agreed and everything went great.  Speakers are in excellent condition and it was nice to meet Mike also.  I appreciate Mike waiting several weeks to complete the sale.  I bought these speakers without knowing for certain if I would use in a home theatre setup or a 2 Channel system.  I decided to try them first in a 2 channel system and keep my RF-63 speakers in my home theatre system.  I have both speakers situated so it will be easy for me to compare both speakers in my 2 channel system over the course of the next few weeks.  My 2 channel system is Sanders Magtech amp, Pass Labs X-1 preamp, Weiss DAC2, Logitech Touch, Clearaudio Concept Turntable, and Pass Labs Xono phono preamp.  I'll post my thoughts on the RF-7 II and RF-63 speakers in near future.  I also included a photo of my Chorus I speakers, which I have listed for sale to clear some room for the new Reference speakers.  Mixed emotions about selling them, but something has to go.

post-33408-0-68080000-1409444229_thumb.j

post-33408-0-32320000-1409444277_thumb.j

post-33408-0-44880000-1409444335_thumb.j

I see some vanderstiens(I believe, and I don't know how to spell it, if they are...very interesting speaker) back there...almost look like timeframes

Good eye - you can see a pair of Vandersteen 2CE-Signature speakers and Quad ESL-63 USA monitors in background.  Both are very nice in 2 channel system. 

Nice collection of speakers cjmustang69.  Have fun with the comparison.

Thank you - I enjoy listening to speakers designed with different approaches.  It is interesting to hear the strengths/weaknesses of each design.

I may have limited time to compare the RF-63 to the RF-7 II speakers.  A gentleman is stopping by this afternoon to look at the RF-63 speakers.  I just hooked them up to the front end (described above) for the first time this morning.  I don't think they ever sounded better.  I'd like to keep both pair, but just can't justify it.

Nice collection of speakers cjmustang69. Have fun with the comparison.

Thank you - I enjoy listening to speakers designed with different approaches. It is interesting to hear the strengths/weaknesses of each design.

I may have limited time to compare the RF-63 to the RF-7 II speakers. A gentleman is stopping by this afternoon to look at the RF-63 speakers. I just hooked them up to the front end (described above) for the first time this morning. I don't think they ever sounded better. I'd like to keep both pair, but just can't justify it.

Nooooooo!!! Another joining the 63 sellers remorse club?!

The RF-63s have left the house with new owner - very nice gentleman from Raleigh.  I'll miss them, but have freed up the space I took by purchasing the RF-7IIs from Mike yesterday.  I plan to listen to the 7s for rest of the day.  So far, I like what I've heard from them.

Not with Ref 7's there won't be any remorse...

Hey now. :(  :) 

bye bye little guys!

Not by much. ;)  :D

RF-7II

HEIGHT: 48.5" (123.3cm) with feet WIDTH: 11.6" (29.5cm) DEPTH: 16.3" (41.5cm) with grille WEIGHT: 87.1lbs (39.5kg)

RF-63

HEIGHT: 46.1" (117.1cm) (w/feet) WIDTH: 8.5" (21.6cm) DEPTH: 19.5" (49.5cm) WEIGHT: 81lbs (36.8kg)

Bill

• Like 1

The RF-63s have left the house with new owner - very nice gentleman from Raleigh.  I'll miss them, but have freed up the space I took by purchasing the RF-7IIs from Mike yesterday.  I plan to listen to the 7s for rest of the day.  So far, I like what I've heard from them.

Congrats on both your sale and your new speakers. The 7iis are really nice speakers. I really enjoyed my time with them. Are they going to be 2ch only or are you on the look out for a 64ii?

Not with Ref 7's there won't be any remorse...

Hey now. :(  :)

bye bye little guys!

Not by much. ;)  :D

RF-7II

HEIGHT: 48.5" (123.3cm) with feet WIDTH: 11.6" (29.5cm) DEPTH: 16.3" (41.5cm) with grille WEIGHT: 87.1lbs (39.5kg)

RF-63

HEIGHT: 46.1" (117.1cm) (w/feet) WIDTH: 8.5" (21.6cm) DEPTH: 19.5" (49.5cm) WEIGHT: 81lbs (36.8kg)

Bill

Bill are you having little speaker syndrome?  :P  jk lol 

Edited by reference_head