Mikey's Build Thread Round 3!

MichaelandKlipsch

Mikey,

As previously stated, this is freaking awesome, I'm so happy for you. You gotta tell me how you like the Seymour screen as I have also considered using them (AT) with my cinecurve masking frame. My buddy sells the material to Seymour and he swears by it but doesn't really have one of his own (he owns the company that distributes to them). Mine is almost done and I'm in the process of buying a UH380 which I'd love an opinion if any. Take care and have a great thanksgiving.

Well I have watched 2 movies in 1.78:1 since my panamoph lens won't be here until Friday and after the anthem calibrated the LCR I can hear any difference it sounds impeccable and I'm much happier with having the main speakers at your level and behind my screen as I've said before I wish I would have followed some of the members suggestions from the beginning and went this route Sergio I definitely suggest looking into Seymour's products they are absolutely beautiful build quality

I won't be able to give you a review on the lens until this upcoming weekend my lens is the panamorph uh480 and I don't have the sled yet I have to wait on that for a deal since they are so expensive. I would be happy to give you a very detailed review on using the JVC internal anamorphic mode with this new anamorphic lens for all 2.35:1 material after I sit down this weekend and enjoy some movies with my wife

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch

• 2 weeks later...

The panamorph UH480 has arrived, time to mount up and see how the picture looks. I will now remove my jaw of the floor to write this short review on the lens. The motorized Sled will be an addition later on as they tend to be almost as costly as the darn lens. The lens itself is nothing more than a precision cut piece of glass but it definitely has a ton of engineering put into it. It weighs nearly 20lbs and feels like you are holding a solid piece of steel. I have placed it just in front of the projector itself to see how it works with The JVC's anamorphic mode engaged. It is nothing less than spectacular. The image at 163" is as crystal clear as an LED tv and i can definitely notice a brighter sharper image with the lens in place. It will have to be mounted to the Harness/plate that mounts to the projector over the weekend. This is the first time i have actually had an image displayed on the entire screen and it is simply stunning! I seriously have no desire to go to work tomorrow and wish i could finish the installation but that will have to wait. Going to run ARC and do some tests this weekend and make a few tweaks. I will take some panoromic views of the theater soon as well. Here are a few pics of the unboxing and just a quick shot of the lens and JVC paired together on the screen.

post-52289-0-88600000-1417664583_thumb.j

• Like 1

One thing I can comment on is I really enjoyed having the masking panels in place for watching all of the regular 16 x 9 content I popped in Jurassic Park and aliens and it is definitely nicer than without the panels

As if not stating the obvious... This is a Beautiful theater.  Must be a real bummer when you get stuck going to a crappy theater like IMAX and squint at the tiny screen.  I am going to build Youthman similar masking for his @16:9.  Seems like a simple enough way to do it.  Very nice and clean setup.