Heritage Cherry Lacquer

Schu

• Moderators

That's some good looking Cherry grain, I usually don't like cherry because many times there is very little difference in grain darkness which makes it look kind of plain to me. But those are really nice. 

Sorry but don't know how rare cherry is in Heritage.

Edited by dtel

Most cherry I've seen does not look like that! It's usually much wider grain or no real discernible grain pattern. That is very nice.

If perusing eBay means anything, I don't see a lot of cherry for any of the heritage models. In fact I'm struggling to remember any listings recently. I have saved searches there for K, LS, Belle, Cornwall.

That is a funky Cherry variant. I would have to question if it is actually Cherry. Definitely an exotic grain pattern and I certainly wish all my speakers looked like that. I like the lighter finishes a lot. Could be something from years ago when they were still getting the oddball veneers.

• Like 1

supposedly one family speakers, so original owner.

Those are oddballs. You just see a pair two now and again that have very unique beauty about the veneer and IMO, thats one of those pair.  Buy them Schu, we can figure out what they are later  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Looks most like zebrawood but could possibly be tigerwood.

I also was thinking zebrawood, but they don't look quite like Garymd's zebrawood Cornwall veneer, either.  The transition from the top to the sides is also not very Klipsch-like.  Perhaps a re-veneer?.

What does the tag say?

Edited by LarryC

Looks most like zebrawood but could possibly be tigerwood.

I also was thinking zebrawood, but they don't look quite like Garymd's zebrawood Cornwall veneer, either.  The transition from the top to the sides is also not very Klipsch-like.  Perhaps a re-veneer?.

What does the tag say?

Larry you might be correct about a re veneer.....either way they look very nice.

Here is a closer shot of the grain of mine.  Note: These are solid 1" zebrawood panels and not veneer.

Z-Jub-K402-Flogo-Hi-Rez-resize.jpg