Just heard some Chorus II's for the first time....

jimjimbo

First of all, I didn't realize the size of those beasts....they don't look that big in pictures....but, they were mighty impressive!  Pretty well balanced overall, but they do definitely thump....Didn't buy them as I thought they were WAY overpriced relative to what I've seen here on the forum and elsewhere, but at least now I know....And, interestingly and coincidentally, they were driven by a Marantz 2270B receiver, which I saw for sale earlier in the Garage Sale (not the same one)......nice unit.

• Like 2

I absolutely love my Chorus II's! They certainly make the Forte seem small by comparison but they're still much smaller than most of the Heritage line by a lot. Some day I hope to have the mighty K-horns (room won't fit them right now) but I certainly don't feel as though I'm missing anything with 2 pairs of Chorus II's side by side!

• Like 1

First of all, I didn't realize the size of those beasts....they don't look that big in pictures....but, they were mighty impressive!  Pretty well balanced overall, but they do definitely thump....Didn't buy them as I thought they were WAY overpriced relative to what I've seen here on the forum and elsewhere, but at least now I know....And, interestingly and coincidentally, they were driven by a Marantz 2270B receiver, which I saw for sale earlier in the Garage Sale (not the same one)......nice unit.

I had offered you a demo of my personal chorus ii's a couple months ago(my preferred mains). If your impressed by stock chorus ii the clarity and thump my chorus ii's provide would be a step above or more.

Anyhow cheers on your chorus ii demo. In my opinion out of any klipsch ever made the chorus ii and the epic cf4 are truly in a league of their own. Then with mods they go beyond anything(although iv only heard stock cf4's) I have ever heard or truly prove their value at a fraction of many other manufacturers models by quite a bit, imo

Its amazing to demo all that klipsch has. Everybody has their own take with preference in sound and klipsch tailors to this variety with the variety of klipsch models

• Like 3

I love the chorus II. I was very very impressed first time i heard them. Have alot to offer and as said before are not as big as other heritage speakers like the la scallas or cornwalls. They really have a nice slam effect and great bass. If i had the space and money and had to choose another klipsch speaker i would seriously consider a pair of chorus II.

Alex

• Like 1

Chorus ii on tubes or solid state...very low or low volume or high or extremely loud. Just awesome every single time I hear them.

Price for the chorus ii is definitely going up especially when in good shape. Just a couple years ago you could buy them for $450 in pretty descent shape.

• Like 1

I had offered you a demo of my personal chorus ii's a couple months ago(my preferred mains). If your impressed by stock chorus ii the clarity and thump my chorus ii's provide would be a step above or more.

Anyhow cheers on your chorus ii demo. In my opinion out of any klipsch ever made the chorus ii and the epic cf4 are truly in a league of their own. Then with mods they go beyond anything(although iv only heard stock cf4's) I have ever heard or truly prove their value at a fraction of many other manufacturers models by quite a bit, imo

Its amazing to demo all that klipsch has. Everybody has their own take with preference in sound and klipsch tailors to this variety with the variety of klipsch models

Well Beek, I had forgotten about that, and I thank you for it!!  One of these days....

• Like 1

Well Beek, I had forgotten about that, and I thank you for it!!  One of these days....

Stop in next year...It'll be a hoot...and there will be some other interesting audio to demo as well...I don't sell though lol so many guys if you even step in their house they want you to buy lol If you don't you never hear from them again lol cheers!

• Like 1

Love my Chorus II's! They definitely dwarfed my original Forte's in size. I loved how deep the Forte's could go, but I just love the mid's and the highs on the Chorus' even more. And when you are able to situate them in a good corner the bass on them can be pretty impressive too with enough power.

• Like 2

I really like my KP-301-II's which are a professional Chorus I believe.  I put Crites crossovers and Titanium diaphragms in them.  They thump and sparkle.  They accompanied me to the last gathering and impressed a few that had never heard them before.  They're some big ugly suckers though.  I love 'em.

• Like 2

I call my Chorus II's chest pounders!! My first experience with Klipsch was a set of Chorus driven with a Carver cube amp, it was unreal. I could not believe the sound coming out of those speakers with that little cube amp. Then a friend of mine got a set of Chorus II's with a Carver TFM 55 amp. That was it for me, that's what I would own one day! He had his set-up at my house one day and hooked both my Adcom 555II's to his Chorus and that Carver had harder hitting bass than both my Adcoms. All that was over 20+ years ago. So today I have Chorus I's Chorus II's and many Carver amps (still got my Adcoms). Now being Klipsch owners we all know that just a few watts will get our stuff jumping, but man I am here to tell ya when my Carver's start putting the watts in those Chorus it is house shaking and when I say watts those Carver needles are jumping past 380 !! oh yea :-)
  • Like 1

I really like my KP-301-II's which are a professional Chorus I believe.  I put Crites crossovers and Titanium diaphragms in them.  They thump and sparkle.  They accompanied me to the last gathering and impressed a few that had never heard them before.  They're some big ugly suckers though.  I love 'em.

My KP 360's are much like the Chorus line-up. I drive my KP360's with a Carver TFM 42. That set-up is at my auto shop :-) I am trying to get a friend of mine to get the KP 301's cuz I want my other set of 360's back lol lol...
  • Like 2

they are big.......when I picked mine up, I was glad I took the passenger seat out of my mazda 3, or they wouldn't have fit! even then there was only one they'd go in.

when I redo my ht, I'm going to a/b them with my cornwalls. I'm really interested to hear which pr sounds better with movies.

any thoughts out there?

does anyone know there original retail cost? just curious.

Edited by angusruler
  • Like 1