Active crossover with 2x4 MiniDSPs

NBPK402

Here is how I have mine, different bass bin, different horn.  Same principle.

I am confused still... So you are crossing over at 500hz but your bass bin has the Hi Pass bypassed? Shouldn't there be something that shows how low the bass bin goes?

You don't have to use a high pass in the minidsp. It just protects the driver. Also most avrs come with a built in high pass for each speaker.
So i don't need to select 50hz for the highpass... Just bypass it, correct?
  • Like 1

:) Yes for output 1. know set output 2 up as your top end with a 400hz highpass and bypass the lowpass

this?

hornsnew_zps1e2de810.png

You got it, except that you should NOT cross the DH1-a below 450 Hz., EVM woofers have lots of output at 450 in my horn, so no worries there. The peak diaphragm displacement of the woofer ist at 48 Hz., so if you want to be safe, 50-6j0 Hz. is good. since the recommended Xover to the Danleys is 60 Hz., they should match up. Also, don't forget the HF Shelving of about +12 db at 12 Khz. with a 3-3.5 Khz. "knee" under the "Parametric EQ" label. Also try about  2 milliseconds time delay to the DH1a/JBL. The dispersion of the horn is amazing at 8 Khz. so you won't feel you need a super tweeter at that point and Audyssey won't have to work as much as it did the the AA.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

:) Yes for output 1. know set output 2 up as your top end with a 400hz highpass and bypass the lowpass

this?

hornsnew_zps1e2de810.png

You got it, except that you should NOT cross the DH1-a below 450 Hz., EVM woofers have lots of output at 450 in my horn, so no worries there. The peak diaphragm displacement of the woofer ist at 48 Hz., so if you want to be safe, 50-6j0 Hz. is good. since the recommended Xover to the Danleys is 60 Hz., they should match up. Also, don't forget the HF Shelving of about +12 db at 12 Khz. with a 3-3.5 Khz. "knee" under the "Parametric EQ" label. Also try about  2 milliseconds time delay to the DH1a/JBL. The dispersion of the horn is amazing at 8 Khz. so you won't feel you need a super tweeter at that point and Audyssey won't have to work as much as it did the the AA.
So the crossover should be at 450 hz-500hz, correct?

Not sure on the shelving bit... Where do I do that in the minidsp, and how?

this?

hornsnew_zps1e2de810.png

Ok, so here is the 12db boost... (I did it in the output PEQ part... Is that the right way or should it be in the part to the left that is PEQ?

Crossovershelf_zps1e8a718b.jpg

Here is the delay...

crossoverdelay_zps70f2ff5d.jpg

What do you mean by "with a 3-3.5 Khz. "knee"? Does that mean to do a peak boost there? If so how many db?

Edited by ellisr63

What do you mean by "with a 3-3.5 Khz. "knee"? Does that mean to do a peak boost there? If so how many db?

No boost. It's just the "traditional" place where a High Shelf PEQ occurs. Looks to me like you are doing OK with the settings you have. Let me go back and look at my curves for the JBL 2360 horns, and see where you can flatten it a little more with a broad cut midband or a slight boost at the bottom. 

• Like 1

No boost. It's just the "traditional" place where a High Shelf PEQ occurs. Looks to me like you are doing OK with the settings you have. Let me go back and look at my curves for the JBL 2360 horns, and see where you can flatten it a little more with a broad cut midband or a slight boost at the bottom. 

I would do a 3-4 db boost at 550 Hz. with a Q of 5.6

I would do a 3-4 db boost at 550 Hz. with a Q of 5.6

Like this?

crossover550_zpsa05f9a38.png

• Like 1