Youthman's HT Now Has Twins!

Youthman

• Moderators

I've been so pleased with the performance of the RSW-15, I decided to purchase it's identical twin!

I've passed on several RSW-15's that were out of state due to not wanting to ship this beast.  What is the likelihood of finding another Maple RSW-15 locally?  Guess about the same likelihood of me finding a single LaScala to use as a center channel.  :P

I purchased the sub from it's original owner.  The twin is in excellent condition with only minor scratches on the top of the cabinet.  Both woofers are in fantastic shape.  The speaker grill had all 4 pegs broken and the previous owner used white glue to secure machine screws to the grill so the white shows through the grill.  Will likely throw the grill away since I don't use them and it's in pretty rough shape.

I haven't cranked them up yet as I need some suggestions regarding placement.  I'll start a separate thread in the subwoofer section though.

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-1.JPG

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-2.JPG

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-3.JPG

klipsch-dual-rsw-15-4.JPG

• Like 6

• Moderators

Right now I have the left subway for in the corner and the right subwoofer behind the door in the cabinet. Dual sub sounds fantastic!

If I turn the left subway for off I get about half the impact. If I turn just the right subwoofer off, I get less of a difference. This tells me that I'm definitely getting some boundary game from placing the sub in the corner. I'm going to move the right sub into the corner and fire both of them up. I have a feeling I'll get the most impact that way

• Like 1

• Moderators
'Youthman', on 06 Sept 2014 - 4:40 PM, said:'Youthman', on 06 Sept 2014 - 4:40 PM, said:

What is the likelihood of finding another Maple RSW-15 locally? Guess about the same likelihood of me finding a single LaScala to use as a center channel.

post-9700-0-29560000-1410042138.gif

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Fire those bad boys up! In the corners if you can come off the wall for those rear radiators is my thought.

Done!  I ended up placing them both in the corners behind the Left and Right LaScalas.  Lots of low end.  Definitely feel it more with dual subs.  Moving even just one into the corner added more impact so they will likely stay in the corners.  I want to make a shelf for the left to see how the subs sound between the LaScalas behind the cabinet doors.

This is the Left Cabinet.  You can see how it does not have a platform or "shelf" for the sub to sit on.  The sub is too deep to fit inside the frame of the cabinet.

shelf-left.jpg

This is right cabinet.  This is where the first RSW-15 has always been placed.  I had to build a platform for it to sit on and have a lot of the cables hidden underneath it. 

shelf-right.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1