New Klipsch Pro KPT-310m?

davecraze

I have the kpt-904s and they are the big brother of the 325s. I would go with them over the 310. The 325s with the 510 horn is probably klipschs 2nd best horn they have made. I looked hard at the 325s being that they cost 300-400 each less. Imo it will be one of the best speakers you can buy from klipsch new at that price point. For music or movies. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I heard a JBL pro cinema set up just recently and I am never going back to  non-pro speakers for home theater.

Dedicated room will be ~3000 cubic feet and heavily treated.

I am still researching gear, but currently plan to run a 7.1.4 setup - the 325 or 310 upfront and eight 8000m surrounds (side, rear and atmos). Also considering the 8VB for side surrounds also.

Edited by davecraze

have the kpt-904s and they are the big brother of the 325s. I would go with them over the 310. The 325s with the 510 horn is probably klipschs 2nd best horn they have made. I looked hard at the 325s being that they cost 300-400 each less. Imo it will be one of the best speakers you can buy from klipsch new at that price point. For music or movies.

reference_head, I seen you post in the thread on the Jubs.  I wonder how close the cinema speakers are to the Jubs?  It would be interesting to hear them side by side.

have the kpt-904s and they are the big brother of the 325s. I would go with them over the 310. The 325s with the 510 horn is probably klipschs 2nd best horn they have made. I looked hard at the 325s being that they cost 300-400 each less. Imo it will be one of the best speakers you can buy from klipsch new at that price point. For music or movies.

reference_head, I seen you post in the thread on the Jubs.  I wonder how close the cinema speakers are to the Jubs?  It would be interesting to hear them side by side.

The jub is in the pro line KPT-Jubilee/535-B. I know in the beginning it was to be the khorn 2. But that was with a much smaller horn than the 402 it has now (anyone can jump in and correct me if I'm wrong on this). I have not heard the jub. And its probably good for my wallet I don't. Im sure some day I will put a 402 in the mix and go 3way with the 510 on top. But for right now I'm still in the drooling all over stage :)

Thanks for the advice. I heard a JBL pro cinema set up just recently and I am never going back to  non-pro speakers for home theater.

Dedicated room will be ~3000 cubic feet and heavily treated.

I am still researching gear, but currently plan to run a 7.1.4 setup - the 325 or 310 upfront and eight 8000m surrounds (side, rear and atmos). Also considering the 8VB for side surrounds also.

The 325 will get you this (Bottom pic) horn and driver. Its a monster compared to a 1.75 (what you would find in something like a rf-7ii or the 310)

DSCN0875.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

Edited by reference_head
  • Like 1

reference_head, I seen you post in the thread on the Jubs. I wonder how close the cinema speakers are to the Jubs? It would be interesting to hear them side by side.

bill got rid of his jubilees to get the 904's that I have now.

Coytee, on 13 Sept 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

more converts every day....  nice!

:emotion-21:

Your right, I love it.

And to think just a few years ago you and Mike were called everything short of stupid for going Pro.

My wife still calls me a stupid jack-hiney...  :unsure:

Coytee, on 13 Sept 2014 - 04:47 AM, said:

more converts every day....  nice!

:emotion-21:

Your right, I love it.

And to think just a few years ago you and Mike were called everything short of stupid for going Pro.

My wife still calls me a stupid jack-hiney...  :unsure:

same problem here, I just tell here I don't complain about her shoes...and that ends that...

reference_head, I seen you post in the thread on the Jubs. I wonder how close the cinema speakers are to the Jubs? It would be interesting to hear them side by side.

bill got rid of his jubilees to get the 904's that I have now.

Actually, I owned, and enjoyed, the Jubilees, JubScala, and the 904s at the same time.  The Jubilees and 904s were all sold to friends because of my sudden and catastrophic hearing loss, not because one was better than another.  When I could hear, the Jubilees were my favorite, and fantastic speaker.  The 904's were number 2 (of those in my possession at that time) and not far behind the Jubs.